You will be requested to submit your location preferences on your application. Potential placement could include any of our offices within the selected city’s metropolitan area below.
Atlanta GA; Columbus OH; Chicago IL; Houston TX; Plano TX; Tampa FL; Wilmington DE; Jersey City NJ
OPEN: 01/13/2023, 07:50 AM
Apply Before: 02/12/2023, 11:59 AM
Cohort Starts on April 24th, 2023
Join a dynamic and diverse team that engineers large-scale, resilient technology solutions which drive our global business. Through the Emerging Talent Software Engineers cohort, you will have the opportunity to build and optimize digital applications and systems that support millions of customers, clients and employees worldwide.
We value the unique skills of each employee as we continue to build a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development while offering competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team, tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you!
What to expect by joining the program?
Beginning your journey in the ‘Emerging Talent Software Engineers – April 2023 Cohort’ means you will:
- Start the full-time program alongside a cohort of peers on April 24th, 2023 with a multi-week induction training that teaches you about our businesses, builds on your knowledge of development methodologies, and sharpens your professional and technical skills
- Receive dedicated support for 2-years from an aligned program management team focused on your continued success and career advancement
- Dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that make a difference for our customers, clients and employees
- Create and improve the design, analytics, coding and testing for high-quality software and new products
- Own projects end-to-end, keeping teams and stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed
- Work and share ideas, information, and innovation with our team of technologists from all over the world
- Receive professional development through on-going training, mentorship and access to senior leaders
- Have the opportunity to participate in our Force for Good program to develop tech-based solutions for social good organizations while learning new skills and collaborating with JPMorgan Chase tech experts
- Join an inspiring and curious team of technologists who will support you in developing new skills, experiencing new projects and businesses, and taking your career where you want to go
We’re committed to hiring diverse candidates from all different backgrounds and experiences, particularly those underrepresented in the technology space. We are also seeking those who have obtained their foundational technology background in non-traditional ways including, but not limited to, technology bootcamps, workforce development programs and community colleges. All applications will be considered on merit in the order they are received.
JPMC values diversity and we believe if you’re ready to put your passion for technology to work in a way that makes a real difference, you’ll find your place at JPMorgan Chase.
This opportunity is not for individuals currently enrolled in a full-time college or university program.
Key skills and Qualifications:
- Foundational knowledge of object-oriented programming languages (Java, Python, C#)
- Basic understanding of version control systems
- Basic understanding of databases, data structures, unit testing and algorithms
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Exceptional problem-solving ability and analytical skills
- Relevant leadership experience from community organization involvement or previous employment opportunities
To be eligible for this program, you must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis. We do not offer any type of employment-based immigration sponsorship for this program. Likewise, JPMorgan Chase & Co., will not provide any assistance or sign any documentation in support of any other form of immigration sponsorship or benefit including optional practical training (OPT) or curricular practical training (CPT.)
What’s next to apply?
Help us learn about you by submitting a complete and thoughtful application, which must include your resume. Your application and resume are a way for us to initially get to know you, so it’s important to complete all relevant application questions so we have as much information as possible.
After you submit your application, it will be reviewed to determine whether you meet certain required qualifications. If these qualifications are met, you will receive an e-mail invitation to complete a coding challenge, powered by HackerRank. Upon completion of your coding assessment, you will receive an invitation to submit your virtual interview, sent from HireVue. This is your opportunity to further bring your application to life and showcase your technical experience for our recruiting team and hiring managers.
We strongly encourage you to complete both required application elements as soon as possible, as applications will only be reviewed once fully completed. JPMorgan Chase is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that respects all people for their unique skills, backgrounds, and professional experiences. We strive to hire qualified, diverse candidates, and we will provide reasonable accommodations for known disabilities.
Should you be selected to progress to the final stage of the application process, you will be invited to participate in the mandatory virtual ‘Hack for Good’ experiential interview. Invitations for this event will be sent on a rolling basis. The virtual ‘Hack for Good’ hackathon gives you the chance to showcase your coding skills to solve a social good challenge while being assessed and considered for an offer in the April 2023 cohort.
Over the course of 12 hours, you and your team will work together to develop a technology solution for a social good cause. Your team will be guided by our expert JPMorgan Chase technologists as you creatively solve and build an app that could make a difference to the people who need it most. This is a great opportunity to showcase your technical and non-technical skills in a real-world collaborative environment and learn if a career in financial services technology is right for you.
Save the date for the ‘Hack for Good’:
Friday, March 3rd, 2023, from 9am EST – 9pm EST | mandatory virtual ‘Hack for Good’
Attendance at the virtual ‘Hack for Good’ is required as it serves as your final interview for the Emerging Talent Software Engineers April 2023 cohort. Following the completion of the hackathon, if you are selected to join the April 2023 cohort, you will be extended an official offer within two weeks.