Hybrid program – Cohort members will most likely be ask to relocate to the office location that they receive an offer for. 2-3 days per week
- Primary Location:
- Portsmouth, NH
- Additional Locations:
- Indianapolis, IN
- Boston, MA
- Dover, NH
- Seattle, WA
- Plano, TX
TechStart Entry Level Program 2024
At Liberty Mutual, named to IDG’s Insider Pro and Computerworld’s 2021 list of “100 Best Places to Work in IT,” we’re on a mission to change the way people experience insurance in the digital age. From test-driving the latest technologies to creating intuitive consumer apps, Liberty Mutual is constantly innovating industry-leading solutions that provide peace of mind for our customers worldwide.
As an entry-level technology employee, you’ll participate in our six-month TechStart Program, an immersive and collaborative program where you’ll gain strong technical training that is catered to your desired career path and skillset you’ll need to succeed. As part of our collaborative and diverse team, you’ll work in an agile environment that has the full backing and comprehensive benefits of a Fortune 100 company.
Ready to join us?
Throughout the TechStart Program, you’ll participate in two assignments where you’ll have opportunities to build your skills and learn a variety of new technologies. You’ll also have the opportunity to network with like-minded peers and form relationships that will span your career.
- Foundational Assignment – Two days of orientation followed by four weeks of technical training
- Team Assignment – A five-month team project undertaken with your peers
- Final Placement– Matched to a team in the technology organization that aligns with career aspirations and get fully immersed with an agile team
During these assignments, you’ll be a valued member of a team that develops, tests, and maintains digital products at all stages of the development lifecycle. You’ll also have opportunities to gain exposure to emerging technologies.
What you’ve got
- You have up to 2 years of technical experience or have the equivalent training and certifications as typically acquired through an internship program, certificate course work, or a bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline.
- You’re fluent with at least one or more software development languages, preferably Java
- You have a general knowledge of design and development tools
- You have a focus on continuous learning and a growth mindset
- You have a proven track record of success
- You are familiar with various IT concepts, strategies, and methodologies
- You are fully authorized to work in the U.S. without restrictions
The typical starting salary range for this role is determined by a number of factors including skills, experience, education, certifications and location. The full salary range for this role reflects the competitive labor market value for all employees in these positions across the national market and provides an opportunity to progress as employees grow and develop within the role. Some roles at Liberty Mutual have a corresponding compensation plan which may include commission and/or bonus earnings at rates that vary based on multiple factors set forth in the compensation plan for the role.