Locations: New York, NY, United States Columbus, OH, United States Houston, TX, United States Chicago, IL, United States Tampa, FL, United States Wilmington, DE, United States Palo Alto, CA, United States Plano, TX, United States Seattle, WA, United States Jersey City, NJ, United States
Apply Before: 02/15/2024, 12:01 AM
Base Pay/Salary: New York,NY $95,000.00-$125,000.00; Seattle,WA $95,000.00-$125,000.00; Palo Alto,CA $95,000.00-$125,000.00; Jersey City,NJ $95,000.00-$125,000.00
Be a part of a dynamic and diverse team that engineers large-scale, complex and resilient technology solutions that drive our global business. You’ll help build and optimize digital applications and systems that support millions of customers, clients and employees worldwide.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading financial services firm with operations worldwide. With over 55,000 technologists globally and an annual tech spend of $15 billion, JPMorgan Chase is dedicated to innovating and improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. Under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands, the Firm serves millions of customers in the U.S., and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients globally.
The Software Engineer Program (SEP) is a global two-year career development program. It is designed to provide entry-level software engineering talent with foundational technical and professional skills which enable them to build robust networks and establish successful careers at JPMorgan Chase. We look first and foremost for people who are passionate about solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
What to expect
- Continuous opportunities for job growth, accelerated career advancement, and career mobility
- Holistic development of technology, professional, and leadership competencies and skills
- Start with an in-depth induction program that teaches you about our businesses, builds on your knowledge of development methodologies, and sharpens your professional skills.
- Dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that make a difference for our customers, clients and employees.
- Create and improve the design, analytics, coding and testing for high-quality software and new products.
- Own projects end-to-end, keeping teams and stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed.
- Work and share ideas, information and innovation with our team of technologists from all over the world.
- Develop through on-going training, mentorship and access to senior leaders.
- Participate in our Force for Good program to develop real-life tech solutions for social good organizations while learning new skills and collaborating with our JPMorgan Chase tech experts.
- Join an inspiring and curious team of technologists who will support you in developing new skills, experiencing new projects and businesses, and taking your career where you want to go
Locations you may join in the United States:
- Chicago, IL
- Columbus, OH
- Houston, TX
- Wilmington, DE
- New York Metro, NY
- Jersey City, NJ
- Plano, TX
- Palo Alto, CA
- Seattle, WA
- Tampa, FL
If you’re ready to put your passion for technology to work in a way that makes a real difference, you’ll find your place in our Software Engineer Program.
Key skills include:
- Computer Science and/or Engineering majors are preferred while other majors may be considered
- Pursuing a B.A., B.S. or 5th year M.A. or M.S. with expected graduation between August 2023 and June 2024
- A well-rounded academic background with a preferred minimum GPA of 3.2
- Relevant internship experience and leadership in school or community organization
- Experience across the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Exposure to agile methodologies such as CI/CD, Application Resiliency and Security
- Emerging knowledge of software applications and technical processes within a technical discipline (e.g., cloud, artificial intelligence, machine learning, mobile, etc.)
- In touch with industry wide technology trends and best practices with a thirst for learning, growing and trying new things
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
To be eligible for this program, you must be authorized to work in the U.S. We do not offer any type of employment-based immigration sponsorship for this program. Likewise, JPMorgan Chase & Co., will not provide any assistance or sign any documentation in support of any other form of immigration sponsorship or benefit including optional practical training (OPT) or curricular practical training (CPT.)
Help us learn about you by submitting a complete and thoughtful application, which includes your resume and location preference. Your application and resume is a way for us to initially get to know you, so it’s important to complete all relevant application questions so we have as much information about you as possible.
After you confirm your application, we will review it to determine whether you meet certain required qualifications.
If you are advanced to the next step of the process, you’ll receive an email invitation to complete a coding challenge powered by HackerRank. This is your opportunity to further bring your resume to life and showcase your experience for our recruiting team and hiring managers.
HackerRank is required, and your application will not be considered for further review until you have completed this step. We strongly encourage that you apply and complete these required elements as soon as possible, since programs will close as positions are filled.
JPMorgan Chase is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that respects all people for their unique skills, backgrounds and professional experiences. We will provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities.