We are hiring for our upcoming summer 2023 internship program. Our internship program has historically been a critical component of the company’s growth since its inception. Now reimagined, the internship program will provide innovative, project-based opportunities for interns to help solve real business challenges. The program will culminate with all interns presenting a final project that can serve as a portion of their interview for a full-time position.
Interns will support their designated business function, have unprecedented access to executive leaders to learn the business, career training and coaching, a designated mentor, and the opportunity to immerse themselves in 2U’s rich culture and employee-led Business Resource Networks.
- Design, develop, deploy, and support scalable software systems
- Collaborate with Product Management, UX, and Data Science to understand business problems and identify solutions
- Contribute to the engineering team by leveraging your skills in technical direction, priority setting, and execution/delivery.
- Build and maintain operationally viable solutions throughout its life cycle.
- Commit to owning your code and supporting the customer facing environment
- Experience with front-end frameworks
- Exposure to server-based backend technologies, such as Python, Node, or Ruby
- Ability to problem-solve, drive projects with loosely defined requirements, communicate with stakeholders, and learn from both success and failure
- Values teamwork, collaboration, and an evolving start-up atmosphere
- Current rising senior or enrolled/graduate of a 2U|edX powered boot camp
- Ability to work in our HQ in Lanham, MD
- Available to start June 12th, 2023
- Committed to 30 hours/week
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- An interest in the education space is preferred