At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
An organization within Northrop Grumman Space Systems’ Payload and Ground Systems (PGS) division, SYNOPTICS is the world-wide leader in the growth, fabrication, and coating of crystalline materials used in laser systems. These “solid-state” laser crystals are used in products ranging from medical lasers to military laser systems. The Charlotte facility has been operating for over 40 years in the laser industry and has developed the reputation of providing the highest quality products with timely deliveries. Within the facility, solid-state oxide and fluoride crystals are grown from a high-temperature melt. SYNOPTICS has full optical fabrication capabilities for various plano and spherical geometries. SYNOPTICS serves the photonics and optics industry across the globe.
- Responsible for the day-to-day administration, operation, and maintenance of a network in accordance with NIST SP 800-171 requirements.
- Familiarity with VMWare virtualization products is required.
- CompTIA A+, Microsoft, or other relevant certification is a plus.
- Expected to stay current on IT vulnerabilities and security trends. Advise and educate users regarding proper security practices. Assess vulnerability advisories to determine applicability and action to be taken.
- Configure and maintain switches, servers, and other networked devices.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software related issues at both desktop and infrastructure level. Expected to resolve all operational issues quickly without compromising security.
- Troubleshoot VoIP phone issues and serve as a liaison for escalation of issues to corporate telephony team.
- Understand and maintain desktop hardware and software configurations. Provide support for printers, scanners, and other peripherals. Evaluate and recommend changes needed to assure high availability as requirements change.
- Set up user accounts and administer access rights to various functions in ERP systems and other software applications.
- Set up network user accounts and administer access to various network resources. Maintain new and existing network resources such as shared folders and Active Directory groups.
- Automate repetitive administrative tasks through the use of scripts.
- Perform periodic reviews of network and server utilization and capacity, plan upgrades to meet business needs.
- Evaluate and advise on network infrastructure changes required to support various initiatives such as manufacturing expansion, office relocations, etc.
- Interface with corporate IT resources (network, firewall, and security engineers)
- Interface with vendors and coordinate services.
- Maintain hardware and software inventory records. Document configuration changes.
- Monitor network performance, review vulnerability scans, and take corrective action if needed.
- Perform software patches (server O/S, ERP, and other Server applications) coordinate downtime with production users.
- Administer data backups in accordance with company policies.
- Coordinate activities with PC Network Support Technician to provide end user support in an efficient and effective manner.
- Participate in corporate IT internal audits.
- Bachelor’s degree required; an additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree
Salary Range: $60,900 USD – $91,300 USD