Launch Pad is a transformative career opportunity designed to be the foundation that prepares bright and enthusiastic individuals for a career in media. We welcome people new to media, with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, into a world-class development program called GroupM University. This full-time position commences with a remarkable introduction to media. Combining industry concepts and a hands-on practical approach, you’ll embark upon a learning path to become fully functional as an Associate on a client-team within weeks.
Launch Pad is the first phase of a five-year vision for development. After the first phase and alignment to client teams’ development and growth continues with ongoing programs, relationship building, and expanding scope in work. The ultimate purpose is to support individuals as they achieve many career goals leading to a fulfilling and highly rewarding career in media.
- Develop technical skills such as running media reports, analyzing data, gathering client spend, maintaining flowcharts, compiling competitor data and partnering with vendors to utilize industry-leading media technology platforms and manage pacing for campaigns for some of the biggest global brands
- Participate in on-going learning and development opportunities to further career development
- Use analytical and media applications such as Excel, Google AdWords, MediaTools, Prisma, Google Analytics, Nielsen, ComScore, and a range of other platforms
- Strengthen Excel skills as client teams use and maintain complex spreadsheets daily
- Engage with Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that aligns with personal interests or passions and have a voice in helping us to create a more equal and inclusive organizational culture
- Build valuable relationships with GroupM leaders and receive mentorship from experienced media professionals to help grow your career
- Execute client’s campaigns using the skills attained during the initial 10-week training experience to manage, implement, and optimize overall client goals and objectives
- Enthusiastic interest in: Media, Advertising, Digital Communications, Marketing, Business and/or Communications
- Eagerness to build an exciting career in media to make advertising better for everyone
- Appreciation and enjoyment for numbers, statistics, and data including Excel as a part of your daily responsibilities
- Passion to solve problems and improve initiatives with a desire to leverage data and insights
- A growth mindset with the ability to challenge and stretch so that you learn from both achievements and mistakes
- Willingness to embrace change fearlessly to drive personal growth and improved impact to our clients
- Zest for working with people fosters an environment of inclusion, collaboration and respect by listening, communicating, and influencing through multiple channels of communication
Check out our GroupM Launch Pad video here.
In New York City, the base salary for this position at the time of this posting is $45,000. Individual compensation varies based on job-related factors, including business needs, experience, level of responsibility, and qualifications.
Location: NYC with the ability to be in the office with clients and/or teams Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at a minimum