- Job Title – Associate QA Manager – Mobile Games
- Reports Into – Head of QA
- Location – Hybrid/ Leamington Spa
A Little Bit about Kwalee….
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game developers and publishers, with well over 900 million downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D, Airport Security and Makeover Studio 3D. We also have a growing PC and Console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS!, Eternal Hope, Die by the Blade and Scathe.
What’s In It For You?
- Flexible working hours – we trust you to choose how and when you work best
- A dog friendly office (There’s dog-free areas too, if pooches aren’t your thing)
- Profit sharing scheme – we win, you win
- Private medical cover – delivered through BUPA
- Life Assurance – for long term peace of mind
- On site gym – take care of yourself
- Relocation support – available
- Quarterly Team Building days – we’ve done Paintballing, Go Karting & even Robot Wars
- Pitch and make your own games on Creative Wednesdays!
- An amazingly well equipped office with ping pong, darts, pool tables and video games while keeping refreshed with free snacks and a stocked kitchen (we have every kind of milk imaginable)
Are You Up To The Challenge?
The main goal is to make sure all of the games we release meet our standards for quality and functionality. We also test a lot of backend systems behind the games, we are fundamental to our success in the market.
Your Team Mates
The QA team makes sure the games are stable, functional and also that they are fun to play. We not only find/log bugs but are also encouraged to give feedback on the game from a players perspective. The QA team is split across both our Leamington and Bangalore offices, but functions as a single team.
What Does The Job Actually Involve?
- Manage a team of testers, test leads on mobile game projects
- Develop QA plans and processes to ensure high quality of releases
- Plan and manage QA resources i.e. team and devices to the optimal
- Create optimal project delivery schedules and Manage project delivery timelines and budgets
- Communicate with the development teams, production heads and stakeholders and conduct meetings to update on project progress and status
- Assess risks, develop day to day practices, and deliver QA projects with high quality standards.
- Train, coach and mentor leads and testers to ensure growth
- Lead constant learning and development initiatives and drive departmental improvements.
- Conduct team stand ups and activities for overall involvement
- Build and track key department KPIs.
- Create Daily, Weekly and Monthly departmental reports keeping stakeholders informed of the departmental progress.
- Establish recruitment practices to ensure timely and quality recruitment.
- Create resource requirement (hardware and manpower) plans and raise procurement requests when needed
- Escalate issues to the QA Manager and Head of QA for quick resolution
- Hold regular meetings with QA Manager, Head of QA, Production and Publishing heads and Department heads to drive improvements.
Your Hard Skills
- 4+ years of experience in a QA role with some Mobile QA experience
- Proven successful experience in team management
- Excellent QA Reporting and KPI tracking
- Excellent QA resource planning
- Excellent communication skills – ability to describe identified issues in clear and concise manner
- A methodical, scientific and analytical mindset
- Knowledge of the PC, Console and Mobile Platforms in terms of hardware and software
- Passion for games
- Strong proficiency in usage of spreadsheets, MS office and PC & internet
Your Soft Skills
Kwalee has grown fast in recent years but we’re very much a family of colleagues. We welcome people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances, and all we ask is that you collaborate, work hard, ask questions and have fun with your team and colleagues.
We don’t like egos or arrogance and we love playing games and celebrating success together. If that sounds like you, then please apply.
A Little More About Kwalee
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts.
Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle.
We have an amazing team of experts collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Lisbon, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, Cyprus, the Philippines and many more places around the world. We’ve recently acquired our first external studio, TicTales, which is based in France.
We have a truly global team making games for a global audience, and it’s paying off: – Kwalee has been voted the Best Large Studio and Best Leadership Team at the TIGA Awards (Independent Game Developers’ Association) and our games have been downloaded in every country on earth – including Antarctica!