Zwift is looking for an Associate Software Development Engineer to join our newly formed Connectivity team. On the Connectivity team, we own the end-to-end software to ensure that Zwifters can easily and reliably connect their peripherals to the Zwift Game. This includes connecting Zwift peripherals (Zwift Play, Zwift Hub) or third-party peripherals (trainer, power sensor, cadence sensor, heart rate monitor, etc). You will dive deep into our cross platform game code as well as the Zwift Companion App mobile code base and you’ll work closely with engineers across partner teams to define and deliver on an iterative technical strategy for how we achieve our team vision – Zwift just works, all the time, for everyone.
While this is a flexible/in office as needed position, we’re looking for candidates who are within commuting distance of our London office (London Bridge area) to facilitate semi-regular in-person connections with other “Watopians” (a.k.a., Zwift employees) in the London area.
- Contribute to software components and tools that will improve Zwift connectivity. You’ll be expected to build out an understanding of the software and learn from your teammates.
- Build and support software features and components in the connectivity area. You’ll work across code bases including but not limited to cross platform game client (C++) and iOS / Android mobile apps (Swift/Kotlin).
- Advise your team, partners, and manager regarding the status of your work.
- Contribute to the team level process improvement discussions, fix defects in the code, and follow team operational excellence practices.
- Build trust with your teammates through delivering on commitments and thoughtfully engaging in team discussions.
- Actively learn the Zwift architecture and how our code base fits into that.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar discipline and/or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of C++, Swift, Kotlin or similar object-oriented languages.
- Structured problem skills when learning new domains.
- Experience contributing to dialogue with a team and working with multiple perspectives.
- Demonstrated strong judgment in day-to-day work. Demonstrated ability to escalate when needed.
- Experience applying knowledge to solve problems with code.