Location(s): Pittsburgh, PA; New York, NY; Washington, DC (Hybrid)
Specialisterne is recruiting!
Do you identify as autistic or otherwise neurodivergent? Looking to start or continue a meaningful career working with US Government clients on financial technology solutions?
We are proud to be partnered with BNY Mellon to recruit for an entry-level opportunity in the Financial Services industry as part of their Neurodiversity Hiring Initiative.
BNY Mellon’s ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
- Role Title: Associate, Technology & Strategy Product Manager
- Location(s): Pittsburgh, PA; New York, NY; Washington, DC (Hybrid)
The application deadline is Sunday, December 3rd at 11pm ET.
- This is a 12-week apprenticeship to contract role
- This role is hybrid: 3 days per week in office required
- Hours: 8:30am-5:00pm (40 hrs weekly); Flexible start time
- Estimated salary range: $60,000 – $90,000/year
- Target Start Date: December 2023
Essential Tasks – In this job, you will:
- Own select emerging technology products oriented towards Federal, State and Local clients with a full grasp of the market and next generation innovations. You’ll share that knowledge broadly, using this expertise to define strategy and inform the product roadmap.
- Develop leading services to support both internal team and external clients seeking powerful tools to help meet their mission goals. Your focus will be on quality delivery and adoption.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of new client-facing products and support the buildout of a potential client-facing platform serving millions.
- Perform market studies to best position emerging technology solutions with market and client needs.
General Skills and Abilities – In this job you will demonstrate:
- An eagerness to work with emerging technologies
- The ability to thrive independently in a fast-paced, unpredictable environment
- The ability to present new ideas to a diverse team of engineers, product managers, and business leaders, and persuade others
- A desire to become an integral part of a complex team and lead from within
- A passion for improving our services and client delivery of elegant and powerful digital tools they will want to use
- The ability to capture and process information quickly with a strong attention to detail
- The ability to clearly define strategy or approach
Digital/Technical Skills – In this job you will demonstrate:
- Intermediate skill level with Excel and other Microsoft Office Suite applications (For example: Tracking data, manipulating data, and developing formulas)
- Jira is a nice to have but not required
Education/Knowledge – In this job you need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in the Financial Services industry
Experience – In this job you need to have:
- Experience (professional, personal, or academic) in government, such as an internship, a summer job, or a co-op program