This role is all about collaborating across disciplines to test hypotheses and make a difference to customers. As a product backend engineer you’ll work in a squad alongside product managers, marketers, user researchers, designers, mobile engineers, web engineers, data analysts, business analysts, writers and more!
- Together you’ll build and support a particular part of Monzo. Our product squads belong to our wider collectives (a word we use to describe self-governing business units of ~100 people). They are; Money, Borrowing, Fincrime, Customer Operations, Platform, Personal Banking & Business Banking. They’re all looking for additional Backend Engineers right now, we do a standard interview process across all our collectives and at the end we will find the best match for you based on your skills, experience, preferences and aligning with the business need!
- Our backend engineers have a variety of different backgrounds. As long as you enjoy learning new things, we’d love to talk to you. We do not ask for formal qualifications or degree requirements for any of our engineering roles.
- you have strong experience working on the backend of a technology product
- you want to be involved in building a product that you (and the people you know) use every day
- you have a product mindset: you care about customer outcomes and you want to make data-informed decisions
- you’re comfortable working in a team that deals with ambiguity
- you’re interested in distributed systems and writing resilient software
- you have some experience with strongly-typed languages (Go, Java, C, Scala etc.).
- you think you’d enjoy the kind of work we’re doing