Location: Denver, CO
Family Support Services is looking for Behavioral Health Clinicians, especially Bilingual individuals. We are part of the Colorado Coalition for the Homeless.We are offering a $5,000 sign-on bonus for staff hired for the position listed below. The direct link is listed at the bottom of this email.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides ongoing clinical services to homeless families with mental illness, substance abuse, domestic violence issues, developmental disabilities, and other obstacles to self-sufficiency.
- Accesses services for families through transportation, assists with the application process, refers to and collaborates with agencies like DHS, TANF, SSI, SSDI, BART, SSC, Medicaid, MHCD, CORRA, DHA, etc. and acts as an advocate, liaison and treatment coordinator between CCH and these agencies.
- Meets for supervision with FSS Program Manager on a bi-weekly basis or in addition as needed. Works closely with psychiatric and mental health providers for ongoing consultation and treatment coordination
- Attends meetings with FSS, property management, housing orientations or lease-ups as appropriate.
- Maintains professionalism in all work-related activities and follows both CCH policies and the professional ethics and requirements of their discipline and the Department of Regulatory Agencies. Maintains appropriate boundaries with clients, peers and others.
- Completes clinical documentation as well as HMIS database documentation in a timely and accurate manner and maintains a 90% accuracy rate in these data systems.
- Record all clinical services in a timely and complete fashion in the EHR
- Maintain up to date records in EHR
- Record telephone and other clinical communications as needed in the EHR
- Manage tasks, PAQ and scanning as needed to have a complete and current chart
- Maintain accurate information regarding client’s insurance status and complete CCARs/DACODs and other clinical authorization documentation as needed
- Utilize the EHR and any future upgrades as directed
- Provides specialized clinical interaction with clients, which may include individual and family case management sessions, individual, group and family counseling, consultations, telephone contacts and transportation.
- Work closely with SSI, Medicaid, BHO’s and TANF providers to advocate for and complete necessary reports to secure appropriate clinical service plans and benefits related to possible disorders and disabilities. Investigates payee possibilities for clients and serves as payee if appropriate.
- Assists in the development, procurement, and facilitation of supportive services that benefit homeless families.
- Maintains a flexible work schedule to accommodate the individual family’s schedules, special FSS Projects, or community activities to include occasional evenings as appropriate.
- Investigates additional resources for clients and reports resources to others in FSS.
- Maintains a work environment that is marked by respect for others; that values inclusiveness and builds workforce diversity; and that fosters cooperation and teamwork.
- Carries a mobile phone to be accessible to staff and clients.
- Maintains current and complete COVID-19 vaccination(s), as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Employee must be able to perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of self or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Employee will perform job according to applied laws. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Master’s Degree in a counseling field required.
- Previous experience with mental health and substance abuse treatment planning, medication management, SSI, and Medicaid authorizations preferred.
- Licensure as a LCSW/LPC required.
- Certification for Addiction Counseling (CAC II, CAC III, or LAC) preferred.
- Bilingual (English-Spanish) preferred.
NOTE: In order to ensure that our consumers receive the best possible care the candidate chosen to fill this position will be required to complete our internal credentialing and privileging process prior to a start date. The credentialing and privileging timeline is dependent on the selected candidate’s submission of documents necessary for clearance. Please note that a start date will be scheduled once credentialing and privileging is complete.
In addition to the unique challenges and extraordinary rewards of our work, eligible Coalition employees enjoy a rich benefits package, including:
- Health insurance coverage on the first day of employment: full-time employees contribute only 1% of their earnings for their own health coverage and no more than 4% of their earnings for coverage of eligible dependents. We’re proud to offer same- and opposite-sex domestic partner coverage
- Dental, vision, and flexible spending/dependent care/public transit accounts
- Free basic life insurance and long-term disability coverage
- Dollar-for-dollar retirement plan matching contributions up to 5% of earnings
- Extensive paid time-off, including 8 holidays, 12 days of sick leave, and three weeks of vacation for new full-time employees in their first full year.
WHERE A CANDIDATE IS PLACED IN THE COMPENSATION RANGE DEPENDS ON TOTAL RELEVENT YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
The Colorado Coalition for the Homeless is committed to delivering services, making employment-related decisions, selecting volunteers, and selecting vendors without regard to age over 40, race, sex, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, medical condition related to pregnancy, military status, or any other applicable status protected by law.
- Pay Range: 61,603.00 minimum hiring rate
- Max Hiring Rate $70,843.00