Currently, we are not actively screening applications or interviewing for this role at this time but needs shift quickly so we always welcome applications. Although you may not hear from us right away, we will be sure to reach out when interviewing recomences if your background is a good fit for the needs of the role. In the meantime, please follow us on Instagram @carebyginger to keep up with Ginger news and updates.
As a Ginger Behavioral Health Coach, you play an instrumental role in making the Ginger mission a reality! You will help people adapt to living healthier lives by discovering their personal strengths, motivations, and skills that will enable them to make lasting changes in their mindsets and behaviors. Coaches have regular touchpoints w/ their members to assist them in constructing attainable goals, offer support and encouragement, track successes and setbacks, and provide resources, tips and strategies to facilitate on-going progress.
Coaches are an integral part of each member’s multidisciplinary care team. They use previous clinical and/or coaching experience, good judgment, and our guidelines to discern when to refer members to a higher level of care, such as Therapy and/or Psychiatry, or other internal or external resources. You will collaborate with our psychiatrists and therapists to help develop and reinforce progress, as appropriate.
Ginger coaching is delivered entirely through text-based-chat within the Ginger app. This means as a Ginger coach you’ll be providing services through the use of a computer and with a strong ability to translate your skillset into writing, in both Spanish and English. In addition to coaching our members, you’ll also take advantage of weekly team meetings and process groups, as well as 1:1 supervision. As an integral part of Ginger, you’ll be invited to participate in a bi-annual company event to foster growth, enhance your skills and work side by side with your colleagues to fulfill the mission of our company.
As we continue to expand, we are seeking experienced Bilingual (English/Spanish) mental health coaches to support our growing community of members. Ginger reaches millions of people around the world in 30 countries through its partnerships with employers and health plans. As a Bilingual Behavioral Health coach, you will have the opportunity to serve many of these members and contribute to our vision of a world where mental health is not an obstacle. This is a full-time, W2 role and will require bilingual coaches to provide text-based coaching to members in both Spanish and English, depending on member demand and scheduling. Although bilingual coaches are being hired to support the Spanish Program, due to high demand, they will be called on to provide regular coaching to our English- speaking general audience as well.
We are unable to hire licensed clinicians for this role or individuals 12 months from receiving licensure and are also unable to provide any type of clinical supervision towards licensure. We are not currently accepting candidates residing outside of the US.
Ginger is an online behavioral health system, offering emotional support, guidance, therapy, and medication services from professional coaches, licensed therapists, and psychiatrists, respectively.
Our mission is to create a world where mental health is never an obstacle. By harnessing the power and convenience of technology and virtual care delivery, Ginger is able to provide access to high-quality care to anyone, anywhere, in order to reduce symptoms of stress, anxiety, and depression. We’re coupling on-demand care and data science to reinvent how the world receives emotional and mental health support.
With Ginger, members receive a personalized care plan and the right level of care based on their needs – from self-management tools and coaching to therapy and psychiatry. The Ginger proprietary app delivers clinically validated self-care content, along with chat access to coaches and video access to therapists, psychiatrists for our members. At the moment of need, we provide our members with stigma-free access to high-quality coaches, clinicians and content.
Fast Company called Ginger one of The World’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Healthcare and the World Economic Forum named us a Technology Pioneer.
- Carry a full, active caseload of members and complete intakes of new members
- Attend and respond to multiple tasks, situations and responsibilities simultaneously throughout your shift
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation and paperwork (I.e. assessments, care plans, daily notes and other required paperwork)
- Excellent communication, writing and typing skills (spelling, grammar, syntax)
- Work with member’s Clinical Team to collaborate on their care plan
- Coaching support around a variety of topics such as depression, anxiety, stress management, relationships, communication, and career
- Assess risk in the moment with members using the Columbia-Suicide Severity Rating Scale (C-SSRS), taking the appropriate next steps and escalating care as needed
- Ability to provide text-based (written) coaching in Spanish. As a Ginger Behavioral Health Coach who supports our Spanish Services Program, you are required to demonstrate Spanish writing proficiency at the following level:
- Understand a wide range of longer and more demanding texts
- Can recognize and respond to implicit meaning in text/ chat form
- Express ideas without too much searching for vocabulary or expressions
- Effectively use the language for social, coaching and professional situations
- Create well-structured and detailed texts on complex topics
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience, 6 months of which must have occurred with direct supervision, under a qualified, credentialed or licensed supervisor.
- MA degree in psychology-related field OR coaching certification from an accredited training program (as approved by the NBC-HWC)
- Knowledge of coaching techniques such as Motivational Interviewing, SMART goal setting, assessing stages of change/readiness, etc.
- Fluency in Google Suite.
- Experience with triage and working within a team-based care model
- Have worked with a text-based platform providing care in the past
As a Ginger Coach, You–
- Excel at empathetic listening, building strong rapport through text-based chat, and providing compassionate support throughout the process of personal growth
- Have excellent communication, writing and typing skills (spelling, grammar, syntax)
- Have the ability to create a sense of warmth, openness, and calmness through text-based chat
- Have the ability to relate to others and connect quickly
- Work well within a team
- Are open to receiving and providing constructive feedback
- Are adaptable and comfortable with novel situations and change
- Are a strong critical and creative thinker
- Are comfortable and have demonstrated experience with using multiple technological tools in your day-to-day; you are able to adapt and grow with technological developments quickly
- Are able to provide coaching support around a variety of topics such as depression, anxiety, stress management, relationships, communication, and career
- Are a culturally responsive provider, open to and capable of working with diverse populations
- Are able to remain calm under pressure and multi-task when necessary
- Are resilient