Location: Marshfield, MA
The Client Care Coordinator performs an integral function as the first point of contact for all clients. It is the Client Care Coordinator who sets the tone for, welcomes and educates our clients on the therapy process. They are also the hub of communication for our team and help to keep things running smoothly. The Client Care Coordinator is part of the leadership team that guides the practice both day to day and to reach our future goals.
The ideal candidate for this position would be someone who is passionate about supporting others, understands mental health, barriers to treatment, and is motivated to be an advocate for change. Our group is social-justice oriented and works from a cultural humility stance. Being open to learning, being challenged and improving your knowledge base, as well as building self awareness, would be integral to this position.
Mass Bay Counseling, a group private practice in Marshfield, is a dedicated and thriving practice in the South Shore community that has been in business for more than 30 years. Mass Bay has become known for providing a safe space for Queer youth and marginalized populations. We not only offer excellent clinical care to our community, but a supportive and outstanding place to work.
Schedule is generally flexible with a hybrid of in-person and remote work. We are looking for 20 hours a week and must have some weekday afternoon availability. Compensation starts at $18-$20 an hour depending on experience and fit.
- Answer all incoming calls and emails, return messages, maintain ongoing contact spreadsheet
- Guide clients through the intake process, schedule them with the appropriate clinician, including setting up Client Portal and getting initial documentation signed
- Verify new clients’ insurance benefits before setting up intake and notify client of benefit details
- Communicate regularly with owner and clinical staff regarding new appointments, benefit checks, and their availability by maintaining clinician availability spreadsheet
- Maintain client confidentiality and HIPAA compliance with health information (training on HIPAA and confidentiality provided)
- Supporting owner in billing process, maintaining up to date credit cards on file and contacting clients regarding balances due
- Assist owner in rectifying denied claims with insurance companies, follow up on credentialing process for new clinicians
- Attend weekly meetings which rotate between clinical consultations, staff meetings and staff trainings
- Join weekly leadership team meetings with owner and Clinical Lead
- Other duties which may be assigned by the owner
- As the main point of contact for our clients, candidate should be warm, empathetic, and welcoming to all our clients and their families
- Maintain a generally positive attitude, has strong ‘people skills’ and know how to manage stress
- Be a flexible team player, open to learning new skills, helping other staff as needed, and being adaptable to change
- Ability to navigate occasional instances of heightened emotions or conflict when clients are in distress
- Technologically savvy; can navigate multiple forms of web interfaces, comfortable with technology and use of Microsoft Excel, GSuite, copying/scanning, etc.
- Organizational skills and the ability to multitask are a must!
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with clients and staff; able to communicate your needs and ideas to the Leadership Team
- Takes initiative and has ideas about marketing, building community relationships, referral sources, creating a resource board for clients, how to support our team, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, or Education (or soon to be graduating in 2022)
- Must complete approved background check/CORI screening
- Prior experience in a mental health or healthcare setting
- Prior reception, administrative, or customer service experience