Location: Pennsylvania (Virtual)
Our 10–12-week program as an intern at Comcast will help you cultivate meaningful relationships, develop professional skills, gain insight to the day-to-day operations of a top media and technology company, and receive mentorship opportunities to expand your professional network. You will gain invaluable knowledge of our industry, be part of our diverse and welcoming culture and receive exposure to other areas of the business, all while working on real life business projects and functions. Our team provides the customer-facing API that unlocks the beeswax platform- Buzz API – Allows customers to customize workflow, dashboards and anything else in our system.- Buzz UI – customer facing web interface built on top of the Buzz API that enables customers to manually modify Buzz components (line items, campaigns, creative etc.)
- Learn: Interns are expected to learn and gain hands-on experience with the company’s software development processes, tools, and technologies. This includes getting familiar with the programming languages, frameworks, and tools used by the team.
- Assist with Development: Interns may work on specific software development tasks or projects under the guidance of experienced engineers. This could involve coding, testing, debugging, and documenting software.
- Collaborate: Interns are often encouraged to collaborate with team members on projects. This includes participating in code reviews, design discussions, and brainstorming sessions.
- Problem Solving: Interns should be prepared to tackle technical challenges and problem-solving tasks. This may involve debugging code, optimizing algorithms, or finding solutions to issues that arise during development.
- Testing: Writing and executing tests to ensure the quality and reliability of software is a common responsibility. This includes both unit testing and possibly assisting with integration or system testing.
- Documentation: Keeping documentation up to date is essential. Interns may be responsible for documenting code, processes, or system architectures.
- Code Review: Participating in code reviews is a valuable learning experience. Interns can help review code written by others and receive feedback on their own code.
- Meetings and Communication: Attending team meetings, stand-ups, and other communication channels is important to stay in sync with the team’s progress and priorities.
- Continuous Learning: Staying current with industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies is expected. Interns should be proactive in expanding their knowledge and skillset.
- Adaptability: Being open to changes and adapting to new technologies or project requirements is crucial. Interns should be flexible and willing to take on different tasks as needed.
- Feedback and Growth: Seeking feedback from mentors and supervisors, and using it to improve skills and performance is a valuable aspect of an internship.
- Regular, Consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Proficient in python or php
- If candidate is pursuing a degree, s/he should have completed all 200 level courses in Comp Sci/Eng
- If not pursuing, there should be relevant hobbies or other work (portfolio) of capabilities
- Communication and writing skills
- Well organized
- Currently enrolled and pursuing a bachelor’s degree from a college or university
- Ability to work 40 hours the entire duration of the program
- Authorized to work in the United States and will not require sponsorship in the future
Relevant Work Experience
Base Pay: $40.00