Location: Minneapolis, MN
As a remote Corporate Strategy Intern, you will report to the Analyst of Corporate Strategy, who is responsible for international expansion, M&A, operational efficiencies, and new ventures. The Corporate Strategy Intern is a new role that will be heavily involved in all aspects of Sezzle’s corporate strategy. You will have an opportunity to impact strategy, source and analyze potential deals, conduct financial analysis, research market opportunities, and operate as an internal consultant to Sezzle’s executive leadership.
Sezzle is a fast-paced environment and the Corporate Strategy intern will be given ownership and autonomy. The ideal candidate will bring experience in management consulting, VC/PE, investment banking, or brand/product management.
Sezzle is a cutting-edge fintech company whose long-standing mission is to financially empower the next generation. Only one in three millennials own a credit card, and the vast majority of millennials possess a subprime credit score or no score at all. To address these problems, Sezzle has built a payment platform that increases purchasing power for consumers by offering interest-free installment plans at online stores. This increase in purchasing power for consumers leads to increased sales and basket sizes for the numerous eCommerce merchants that currently work with Sezzle.
As the first and only B-Corp in the payments space, Sezzle’s goal is to help everyone pursue financial freedom and to invest in social good and ethical initiatives that shape a better world.
At Sezzle, we’re committed to putting purpose alongside profitability. We work hard to maintain rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency to build a better world. The employees at Sezzle lean into significant societal and cultural shifts, ensuring internal and external focus on positive impacts that benefit our community.
- Support all aspects of Sezzle’s corporate strategy function
- Leverage research, data, and analysis to make strategic recommendations to Sezzle’s executive leadership
- Conduct in-depth assessments and due diligence on prospective opportunities including analyzing financials, evaluating team, determining market potential, and assessing valuations
- Monitor and analyze industry trends, new entrants, new products, and new opportunities
- Develop and research new product ideas and opportunities
- Champion and further Sezzle’s mission to financially empower the next generation
- Sezzle internships are up to 30 hours a week (no more). We want you to have an amazing internship experience and learn new things, but also enjoy student life!
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years of coursework completed (Junior)
- A+ character. We are team-first here at Sezzle.
- A hard-working mentality. It’s early and there is still a lot to build.
- An excellent communicator.
- Ownership. You aren’t afraid to take on new responsibilities and you act like an owner in everything you do.
- A fun attitude. Life’s too short. We can have fun while we work hard on cool things.
- Smarts. We need people that are smart enough to make decisions on their own and also smart enough to know when they need input from others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong financial modeling skills and understanding of valuation techniques
- Ability to navigate ambiguity, set strategy, and solve problems
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with C-level executives
- Experience working in or consulting for payments, fintech, eCommerce, and/or retail industries is a plus
- Preferred GPA of 3.5 or above on a 4.0 scale
- Competitive pay
- Collaborative fun workspace with optional remote work
- The opportunity to join Minneapolis’s fastest-growing startup alongside a team of motivated and driven individuals
At Sezzle, we are more than just brilliant engineers, passionate data enthusiasts, out-of-the-box thinkers, and determined innovators; we are skilled musicians, yogis, cyclists, chefs, golfers, dog-lovers, and rock-climbers. We believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and the brightest individuals, but those that are unique and purpose-driven in all that they do. Our culture is not defined by a certain set of perks designed to give the illusion of the traditional startup culture, but rather, it is the visible example living in every employee that we hire.
Sezzle provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, familial status, veteran or military status, status regarding public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other protected status following applicable federal, state and local laws.