Are you a recent or soon-to-be graduate hoping to begin your counseling career in the Mental Health or Substance Use field? Perhaps you’re a seasoned professional seeking an organization where you can advance your career?
Are you interested in working for an innovative company who has been voted a Best Place to Work in New York State for the last 14 years?
Is it important to you to have scheduling flexibility, student loan assistance, a sign-on bonus, generous paid time off, and quarterly bonus potential?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, a role at Horizon Health Services might be the perfect fit for you!
“Horizon is truly a best company to work for. Our person-centered approach allows me to be flexible with my patients, resulting in strong professional bonds that work to foster dynamic change!”
-Rachel S., LMSW, Senior Counselor II
What will your day look like?
Our highly regarded onboarding program will offer you direct mentorship with experienced counselors, individualized training, and a team of coworkers who want to ensure your success here at Horizon! We are all about collaboration. We want to hear your thoughts, work with you as a team, and help you build confidence!
Some of the day-to-day responsibilities you will have include:
- Attending trainings via our new state-of-the-art learning management system where you will gain the necessary knowledge to be a successful counselor
- Conducting comprehensive patient assessments and developing treatment plans that identify patient needs and strengths
- Building effective therapeutic relationships as you develop rapport and hope to patients of diverse backgrounds
- Participating in weekly one-on-ones with your supervisor, as well as team meetings, to discuss case presentations
- Utilization of evidenced based practices such as CBT, DBT, and MI to help serve as a catalyst for change and improved quality of patients’ lives
- Creatively problem solve with patients around practical obstacles, in effort to increase whole body wellness
- Collaborating with psychiatrists, care coordinators and family members to increase patient support network..
Why choose Horizon to build your counseling career?
As a counselor, we want you to feel challenged, supported, and fulfilled in your work! The work we do is not easy, but it is rewarding. We pride ourselves on our unique corporate culture of caring and respect, while also being progressive and highly spirited!
What we offer that you will love:
- Evidence-based clinical programming designed by leaders in the behavioral health field
- State-of-the-art onboarding program, complete with your own clinical attending
- Hundreds of clinical and nonclinical trainings available at our own Horizon University, 100% free!
- Reimbursement of expenses for licensure, certification, and renewal
- Career growth opportunities, including the flexibility to work in both mental health and addiction services
- Student loan assistance. This program helps pay off our team members’ student loans every month. One year after joining you will have been able to pay off an extra $600!
- Quarterly bonuses with an annual earning potential of eight thousand dollars!
What has prepared you for this opportunity?
In addition to all of the all-nighters and cramming for exams…
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Service, Social Work or related field with a CASAC
- Completed Master’s degree in a program that will grant licensure in the state of New York
Our beautiful and welcoming clinics are located throughout Western New York, with locations in Erie, Niagara and Genesee counties. Click here to check out a list of our current locations. We can’t wait to talk with you more about our facilities and your preferences- there are so many exciting possibilities!
You’ll coordinate a personalized schedule with your supervisor that will meet both the clinic and patients’ needs as well as yours. Our outpatient clinics offer expanded hours Monday – Thursday so we’ll ask you to be available at least 2 evenings per week, but don’t worry about jeopardizing your work-life balance… we can help you create a schedule that works for you, as many locations close earlier on Fridays!
Horizon DEIB Statement:
Horizon commits to being an anti-racist, diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization. Through self-reflection and our commitments to education, growth and development, increased workplace diversity throughout all levels of our organization and the cultivation of meaningful relationships, we pledge to advance equity, racial justice, and equal opportunity for all.
Horizon endorses public health measures including vaccinations. We encourage all applicants to be mindful of the fact that Horizon is a healthcare agency proving in person services throughout our community.
This information is intended to provide a general overview of the position; it is not a full job description.
Horizon Recruitment Bonus Program
Eligible Hires and Payment Structure:
- Full Time hires will receive $300 after 30 days of continuously working and another $300 after 6 months of continuously working for a total bonus of $600.
- Part Time hires will receive $150 after 30 days of continuously working and another $150 after 6 months of continuously working for a total bonus of $300.