Location: Creston, Iowa
The Gibson Memorial Library in Creston, IA is seeking a dynamic and innovative library director with demonstrated leadership abilities. The Library Director supports the library mission, vision and values through exceptional leadership and dedicated customer focus.
Salary range: Between $50,000 and $56,000 per year, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The Library Director is responsible for managing the facility, budget, staff development, The Library Director oversees the day-to-day operations including technology, collection development, publicity, programming and the library’s social media presence. The full job description is available at www.creston.lib.ia.us .
The Library Director will be responsible for building strong community partnerships.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college
- Three years library experience and the State Library of Iowa Public Library Director Endorsement.
- Preferred qualifications include:
- Master’s Degree in Library Science/Library Information Science
- Experience in library administration
- Five years of library experience.