Location: Huntersville, NC
Cybersecurity is the place to be in I.T., but it can be hard to know how to start. That’s why JSCM Group is the company for you! We live and breathe security, both for ourselves and for our clients. We all had to start somewhere, and we want to offer that to you. All we expect is that you are someone who is motivated to learn and grow.
At JSCM Group we are seeking a versatile Entry-Level Blue Team Intern to join our main defensive group, the Blue Team. In this position, you will get exposure to what it really means to work in cybersecurity. You could be a full-time cybersecurity expert in a matter of weeks!
What does our team do?
JSCM Group is not a traditional I.T. company. For one, we’ve been around for over 20 years. We focus purely on network and cybersecurity, because we know there aren’t a lot of other organizations out there doing that. We are consultants, and we use our expertise to help our clients protect their networks.
On the Blue Team, our focus is on defense. We try to patch the holes that an attacker could use to gain entry. On the Blue Team, we specialize in:
- Network Security (Firewall, switches, wireless)
- Identity Management (Active Directory & Group Policy)
- Endpoint Security Management (EPP, EDR, patch management)
- Email Protection (advanced spam filtering, virus protection)
- Threat Response (EPP, IdP, network events)
What can you expect from JSCM Group?
- Security in more than just what we say
Convincing our clients to implement better security practices starts with our own passion.
- Advanced firewall and networking exposure
When they talk about “the best and the brightest,” they’re referring to our knowledge about networks.
- Days that are never boring
Maybe yesterday you were troubleshooting a firewall issue, but today you get to figure out why someone’s MFA isn’t working.
- A team that stands behind you
We all have to start somewhere. Got a question? We work together to help take care of the problem.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- First contact on our Help Desk
You are the first person they will talk to when their network is vulnerable.
- Recurring Security Checks
We put a lot of focus on regularly reviewing our client environments.
- Support Ticket Upkeep
Our clients rely on us to be prompt in our support and communication. Your involvement will be vital in ensuring we are staying on top of ongoing issues
- Valued Team Member
Be more than just a number on a call sheet. Here, we will treat you like an important member of an important team.If you have ideas, we want to hear them.
Requirements to be considered for this position:
- Interest in cybersecurity
- Motivation to learn, grow, and challenge yourself!
- Dependability with scheduling – We will work with you to determine what your availability is, but we will expect that you are dependable and show up when it’s your time to work.
Qualifications that will make you stand out:
- Experience working on an I.T. helpdesk
- Cybersecurity-focused certifications
JSCM Group is a cybersecurity firm based in Huntersville, NC. We provide a variety of security-focused services to our clients, including security training, security assessments, penetration testing and phishing testing. Additionally, JSCM Group provides security-focused network projects, such as routing, firewall, wireless, email security, MDM, MFA, and logging to name a few. If it related to network security, we do it! We are equal opportunity employer.