Location: Austin, TX
Important Note: Both a resume and a cover letter are *required* for these positions. Please submit both as one PDF (remember to share the file – if we can’t open, we can’t send it) with your cover letter first, followed by your resume.
- Provides key research, analytical and reporting functions in support of the Juvenile Justice System of Texas. (15%)
- Develops methods and strategies for assessing program performance. (5%)
- Acquires and prepares organizational data as well as external data and research to help leadership and program staff understand and act on issues. (10%)
- Interprets historical, current, and projected data to identify problems, causes, and areas for which procedural or system changes are indicated. (10%)
- Translates data and insights into meaningful visualizations and stories to drive strategy, action, and decision-making. (15%)
- Collaborates and communicates broadly within the Analytics Team, HR, IT, program staff, and external stakeholders to expand data culture. Provides relevant training and technical assistance as needed. (10%)
- Prepares a variety of essential reports, dashboards, reviews, projections, or other deliverables containing analysis of Juvenile Justice youth data, and statutorily required legislative reports and public information requests. (10%)
- Provides consultation and technical advice on large-scale research and evaluation projects. (5%)
- Understands and creates new data quality assurance procedures, audit functions, and dataset preparation techniques. (5%)
- Learns new data systems and analytic techniques on their own initiative as the need arises. (5%)
- Supervises interns as needed. (5%)
- Reports any presence or perception of racial, ethnic, and/or gender disparities.
- Performs a variety of related duties not listed, to be determined and assigned as needed.
- Performs all duties in compliance with agency safety policies and procedures:
- Reports safety hazards and corrects hazards when possible.
- Completes required documentation in the event of an accident/injury within requested timeframes.
- Attends work on a regular and predictable schedule in accordance with agency attendance and leave policies.
- Experience working with case management, customer relations, or other human services data.
- Major course work or work experience in computer science, public policy, sociology, criminal justice, business analytics, or other related field.
- Experience with the design and implementation of data pipelines that support the continuous delivery of insight.
- Experience using BI tools (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI) and statistical software (e.g. SAS, SPSS, Stata, R, Python).
- Experience in regression modeling and multivariate analysis.
- Experience and Education Substitutions:
- Completed course hours of graduate study may substitute for up to two years of experience on a basis of 12 graduate course hours for one year of experience.
- Completion of data analysis or data science ‘boot camp’ program may count toward years of experience depending on hours of study and content of program.