Geotab ® is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work™.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Geotab Marketplace ®, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Ours is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Geotabbers accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities – ones that may not always be described in the initial job description. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram. Join our talent network to learn more about job opportunities and company news.
Who you are:
The Data Analyst Intern will work to help utilize vast datasets to draw meaningful insights and solve business problems. This internship position will analyze and mine business data to identify correlations and discover patterns from various data points.
What you’ll do:
We are seeking an individual with analytical, communication, and project management skills to join our team. You will assist with the design and maintenance of data systems and databases using statistical tools to interpret data sets. . In a typical day, you will work closely with your direct supervisor, other interns in the same department, as well as other teams within the business.
The successful candidate will be an analytical problem solver who enjoys diving into data, is excited about investigations and algorithms, can multi-task, and can credibly interface between technical teams and others.
- 8-12 month work-term length: Jan 2024
- Full-time, paid internship: Monday – Friday, 37.5hrs/week
- Your first week at Geotab begins with ‘GEO Launch’ – a one-week Employee Orientation. Click here to learn more!
- Learn more about the Geotab Campus Program here.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Collaborating with colleagues from the Data and Analytics team plus other functions of the business to drive results.
- Build and review statistical, predictive and machine learning models to drive sourcing accuracy.
- Ensure data quality throughout all stages including data sourcing/collection, generation, normalization, and transformation.
- Engage in automotive engineering research projects as requested by supervisor.
- Promote data-driven decision-making across the team, using tools such as SQL, and Google Sheets.
- Provide leaders with insight in order to make data decisions to provide the most consistent and usable data for all teams across the company.
What you’ll bring to this role:
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field of study in progress.
- Some experience as Data Analyst or pursuing a career path in Data Analytics/Data Science.
- Technical experience using SQL, Python or Google BigQuery is an asset.
- Some knowledge of data mining/data warehousing, data modeling, statistical analysis, database management & reporting, and data analysis.
- Experience with developing machine learning models and in feature engineering an asset.
- Some knowledge of data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau).
- Strong communication, organization, analytical, and time management skills, as well as a willingness to learn and a strong work ethic.
- Technical competence using software programs, including but not limited to, Google Suite for business (Sheets, Docs, Slides).