Location: Hybrid (Yonkers, NY; San Francisco, CA; Washington, DC; Austin, TX; Colchester, CT; New York, NY)
We are seeking a talented Data Engineer to join CR’s Data Engineering & Intelligence team to design, develop, deploy, and maintain a data lake along with a data management system with sophisticated data pipelines, data reports and data visualizations.
Under our CRFlex program, this is a hybrid position that is eligible for remote work
How You’ll Make an Impact:
As a Data Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work in an environment that thrives on creativity and product innovation. You will be part of a full-stack data team that processes a large amount of laboratory, testing, and survey data. You will take ownership of designing efficient data pipelines and web delivery systems that will have a direct impact on partner teams and overall B2B business.
Consumer Reports is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to a fair and just marketplace for consumers. Our team is made up of truth tellers, change agents, and consumer advocates who investigate and build coalitions to fight for fairness and justice in the marketplace. We leverage our evidence-based approach to demand safer products, a healthier environment, and equitable services for everyone.
Our mission starts with you. We offer medical benefits from that start on your first day as a CR employee that include behavioral health coverage and unlimited sick days. There’s also generous family planning benefits and a generous 401K match. Learn more about how CR’s advocates for strong benefits on behalf of their employees here: https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/careers/landing-page/index.htm
THIS POSITION REQUIRES YOU TO BE FULLY VACCINATED PRIOR TO YOUR START DATE
- You will design, build, operationalize, and maintain the data platform and data management applications.
- You will develop and document data architecture artifacts – data dictionaries, data flows, data models (Conceptual / Logical / Physical) etc. Good judgment will be required to balance various factors (ACID, CAP, etc.) in database design
- You will develop data pipelines needed to integrate variety of internal and external data sources through efficient ETLs.
- You will work with other software engineers, database developers, infrastructure, operations, QA and other cross functional teams to design and implement data solutions.
- You will support, troubleshoot, monitor and optimize existing data engineering systems.
- You will help streamline software development by contributing to the implementation of a continuous integration process, automating manual processes, and eliminating defects.
You’ll Be Highly Rated If:
- You have a Bachelor’s in CS or IT along with 2 ore more years of work experience in backend development, with a focus on Data Engineering in cloud.
- You have 2 plus years of experience with Python and (Py)Spark in an agile environment using CI/CD (Terraform, Codebuild, Codepipeline).
- You have 2 plus years of experience with exploratory data analysis (EDA), data profiling and data reporting using Advanced SQL, Python (using libraries like Pandas , Numpy etc) and Unix Shell Scripting.
- You are skilled in building large scale data warehouses and data lakes, Data Modeling (Relational, Dimensional etc), developing ETL & ELT processes and complex data migration strategies.
- You have experience working with Cloud Technologies (AWS) – Specifically services used in Big Data ecosystem (AWS Glue, Step Function, Lambdas, S3 , EC2 etc).
You’ll Be One of Our Top Picks If:
- You have exposure to Tableau or data visualization tools.