Data Engineering has built a best in class data platform leveraging tools such as snowflake, dbt, stitch, jenkins and prefect. Now that the foundations have been laid the team is beginning to look toward what is next; and evolving our foundation to climb to the next rung of the analytics maturity model.
2U is looking to add a Data Engineer to help consolidate all of our data into a unified data lake and leverage our data across all lines of business to help us grow, attract new learners, help all of our learners meet their continuing education goals and scale the data platform.
Your work will enable the company to evolve, automate and scale and impact learners across the company as we keep the data flowing and enable 2U to continue to mature as a data-driven organization and achieve our potential to transform education for learners globally.
The Data Engineering (DE) team’s work lies at the foundation of all that 2U does. The accurate, timely and usable data that DE provides to the organization drives business reporting and decision-making, product innovation, customer-facing data offerings and more.
Data Engineering works alongside data analysts and scientists, product engineering, and business stakeholders across the organization to provide the data platform and technical solutions that enable 2U to drive value from its data. If you are looking to make an outsized impact on an organization, Data Engineering at 2U is the place for you!
- Maintain and help improve Data Engineering’s best in class infrastructure
- Be relentless in your distaste for toil; automating and removing processes and systems that are no longer serving their purpose
- Build automation and tooling to help data move fast, we strive for idempotent, reproducible systems and results
- Be data driven in your work, instrumenting the tools Data Engineering builds and tuning system performance
- Rapidly diagnose and resolve faults with data services and pipelines as a member of an on-call rotation – ensuring the data flows throughout our ecosystem smoothly
- Collaborate with peers in and out of the Data team to troubleshoot and propose and document solutions
- Proactively communicate issues, status or roadblocks
- Help optimize alerting, data processes and on-call rotations to reduce fatigue and improve efficiency of our operations
- Experience in a dev-ops, data engineering, data operations or site reliability engineering role
- Experience building efficient data pipelines, performance tuning, and integrating disparate data sources and types, including high volume semi-structured and unstructured data (e.g., JSON, etc.)
- Understanding of cloud-based data warehousing and ELT/ETL techniques and processes
- Experience working in AWS systems
- Experience working in Python
- Strong understanding of SQL
- Collaborative and pragmatic, with and enthusiasm for learning and continuous improvement