The FDM Data Engineering Graduate Programme will provide you with several weeks of intensive training, followed by the opportunity to work on-site with our prestigious clients. This could see you working with some of the biggest names in finance, energy and insurance, where you will process massive amounts of data every day, creating dataflows, managing data lakes, designing real-time streaming and batch-type data ingestion pipelines.
- As an FDM Data Engineer, you will have many advanced tools and frameworks at your disposal which you will use to solve various complex data problems. During training, you will learn which tools and frameworks are best suited for different situations, as well as how to conduct data analysis and draw insights from datasets. You will work both individually and on group projects, in order to build collaboration skills and get a feel for the real working environment.
- You will benefit from pivotal training in distributed storage and computing platforms, such as Hadoop software, as well as learn how to work with distributed file systems (HDFS), create data flows using PigLatin language and conduct data analysis. This involves learning a diverse range of languages, including SQL, HiveQL, Python and Spark, many of which you will work with on client sites. Alongside this, you will gain practical Excel training which is crucial to becoming a Data Engineer and a valuable skill to have in all technical fields.
- Are you an ambitious and driven graduate with a passion for technology? Then you’re exactly what we’re looking for at FDM. You don’t need to have a background in tech, we welcome candidates from all degree subjects and universities and you do not require any prior experience. If you’re open to learning new skills and working in exciting new environments, then this could be the perfect role for you. You will also need to be:
- Educated to degree level (2:2 or higher)
- An excellent communicator
- Passionate about a career in IT
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Able to commit to the full 2-year graduate careers programme