Location: US Remote or Syracuse, NY
Terakeet is the preferred owned asset optimization (OAO) partner for Fortune 500 brands seeking online business growth. Our mission and purpose are to bring brands and their audiences together to create meaningful connections. As an organization that knows our people are our greatest asset, we believe in creating a culture based on engagement, growth and fulfillment. That’s why our values of Teamwork, Grit, Excellence, Impact, and Partnership guide our hiring and employment philosophy.
We believe you should work to live and not live to work. Our flexible hours and remote work opportunities allow our employees to create a work schedule that fits into their life. We also offer other competitive work-life benefits, including 100% fully paid medical premiums, 12 weeks of fully paid parental, family, or medical leave, unlimited PTO, Employee Assistance Programs, and matched retirement planning. Terakeet’s culture supports employees as people first, while also producing the best results for our customers and promoting community advancement.
As a member of Terakeet’s data science team, you’ll be responsible for developing critical components employed across our enterprise SEO solutions. The methodologies you apply and novel approaches you develop will help directly shape the future application of data science technologies within our data platform. We’re looking for a scientist who is excited to solve challenges using a wide breadth of modeling and quantitative techniques. While we expect machine learning to play a major part throughout our tooling, this is not purely an ML job.
For this role you’ll need to have a deep technical understanding of data science concepts across the disciplines of research methods, modeling, and applied statistics as well as machine learning. You’ll also require the ability to build prototypes of novel methodologies from scratch.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the following essential functions:
- Lead research efforts in engineering and experimentation to improve performance of our various algorithms.
- Build supervised and unsupervised learning systems to glean insight from our wide variety of data sources.
- Collaborate with engineering teams on implementing and deploying large scale data processing pipelines.
- Build and document internal tools for monitoring and research purposes.
The above description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills
- 3+ years of work or educational experience in data science, machine learning, and statistics.
- BS/BA or comparable research experience in a quantitative field.
- Proven track record of delivering on data science products and/or practical research endeavors.
- Experience with the Python science stack.
- Experience programming in R.
- Experience with Snowflake, Kafka or similar big data frameworks.
- Experience with AWS SageMaker, Redshift, and other AWS tooling.
- Experience with Tensorflow, PyTorch, or similar libraries.
Terakeet provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.