We are looking for a Data Scientist who loves to code and get their hands dirty with raw data. It doesn’t really matter whether people call you an Engineer, Physicist or Mathematician, what matters to us is that you are a curious and continuous learner with a hunger to achieve the very best in what you do.
- Our Data Scientists develop cutting edge algorithms using statistical modelling and machine learning techniques. Using Python (Pandas, NumPy, and Scikit-learn) they work in a fast-paced, collaborative and dynamic environment to produce data driven solutions, which will have significant business impact.
- The League of Lending (LoL) team is responsible for managing credit risk. Working as a Data Scientist within LoL your primary focus would be on improving the performance of our risk models which underpin all of iwoca’s lending. Improvements can come from more efficient use of existing data, constructing data connections or, longer term, on building processes including RCTs to learn more effectively about credit risk. You will own infrastructure improvement projects, model development and MLOps.
- As you progress in your role, you will have the opportunity to focus on other areas maximising value i.e.; defining and managing credit risk appetite, developing statistical models to estimate risks and offer amounts.
- Strong numerate background, e.g. Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or equivalent.
- Must have a background in Probability & Statistics.
- Programming experience: Python, Java, C/C++ or similar.
- Self-starter with ability to work autonomously in an unstructured environment.
- Demonstrable experience using machine learning techniques.
- Knowledge of computer-science fundamentals.
- Experience with Pandas, NumPy, SciPy, R, Matlab, and/or SQL.
- Don’t take this list as prescriptive: it’s just to give you a sense of who might do well on the job. We’d still love to hear from you if you don’t hit every point on the list, or if you have other experience.