We are looking for a Data Scientist who loves to code and get their hands dirty with raw data. It doesn’t really matter whether people call you an Engineer, Physicist or Mathematician, what matters to us is that you are a curious and continuous learner with a hunger to achieve the very best in what you do.
- Our Data Scientists develop cutting edge algorithms using statistical modelling and machine learning techniques. Using Python (Pandas, NumPy, and Scikit-learn) they work in a fast-paced, collaborative and dynamic environment to produce data driven solutions, which will have significant business impact.
- Referrals from third parties and our direct sales team (“3PS”) now account for the majority of iwoca’s new customer acquisition. As the Data Scientist within our 3rd Parties and Sales team, you will play a crucial role in helping to drive further profitable growth for these channels. Here are some examples of projects you might work on:
- Setting up, monitoring and analysing split tests, to help understand the value of activities carried out by the wider team, e.g. determining the ROI of different types of outbound calls that are made by our team of Broker Account Managers.
- Owning and refining predictive models used to prioritise aged customer re-engagement in order to maximise the effectiveness of the Sales team.
- Building statistical models to better understand the value of the different Brokers in our network.
- This role will enable you to build a deep commercial understanding of our various acquisition channels. The data-driven insights you develop will help to guide the development of effective processes and improve the impact of the 3PS team (currently c.40 people).
- You’ll be embedded within our 3PS Strategy team, working very closely with our channel leads and other business stakeholders to ensure that your work aligns closely with business goals and achieves valuable commercial outcomes. You will work closely with other Data Scientists across the business, and be part of a peer group with other domain experts you can work with to deepen your technical expertise and then apply your knowledge within the 3PS area.
- Strong numerate background, e.g. in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or similar.
- Must have a background in Probability & Statistics.
- Programming experience: Python, Java, C/C++ or similar.
- Self-starter with ability to work autonomously in an unstructured environment.
- Demonstrable experience using machine learning techniques.
- Knowledge of computer-science fundamentals.
- Experience with Pandas, NumPy, SciPy, R, Matlab, and/or SQL.