Location: Berkeley, CA (Hybrid, 4 days/week in office)
Only for candidates who are local to the Bay Area, no relocation offered.
The Demand Planning Analyst will play a critical role in supporting the trip assortment planning process as a member of the Demand Planning team. They will be responsible for analyzing booking and trip trends to help ensure that we always have the best trip offering at the best prices, and help shape Backroads’ future assortment. This person must be comfortable working within systems, have great attention to detail and be a pro-active communicator. This role will work closely with Yield Operations, as well as the Hotel Operations, Rooming, Trip Development and Sales & Marketing teams.
- Keep track of, analyze and assess current trip offer, looking for opportunities or risk areas
- Recommend trip cancellations, conversions, additions and other changes
- Support rooming processes and releases, evaluating demand and projected needs
- Support pricing process, with data gathering, analysis and recommendations
- Respond to general Demand Planning inquiries from Yield Operations and other departments
- Support Yield Operations in devising and performing audits to ensure all components of trips currently on sale are correct
- Perform ad-hoc, one-off analyses and presentations as required
- Strong data manipulation skills with experience utilizing Excel.
- Critical thinker and analytical.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Statistics, Economics, Finance or related field of study
- Strong mathematical and/or statistical skills
- Strong Communicator. The Analyst will have extensive correspondence with other departments that relies on being conversant in our systems, timelines, guidelines and terminology.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, deliverable-centric team environment.
- Detail and Systems Oriented. Able to work in multiple technology platforms.
- Organized. An efficient time-manager who can handle the pressure of meeting multiple strict deadlines at one time.
- Ability to work independently and with a team: this role will be collaborating and often contributing to discussions amongst internal teams; need to work effectively and get through a task list in a timely manner.
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly and efficiently.
- Personable. Able to establish and nurture relationships with colleagues that support and advance project goals and objectives.