Location: US Remote or Hybrid or On Site
Build Labs is seekinga DevOps Engineer who will be a key member of the software technology development team – supporting the entire development life cycle. You will manage the shared development infrastructure, oversee the software product build process, streamline product releases, and automate the build, deployment, validation, and delivery frameworks.
- Manages production environments on various platforms and technologies and ensures patches are applied to environments and applications in a timely manner.
- Maintains system disaster recovery plans in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery best practices.
- Troubleshoots and problem-solves systems across platforms and application domains.
- Supports application code deployments and planned service outages to production environments.
- Responds to system alerts 24/7 and assesses, troubleshoots, and resolves server, software, databases, networks, and storage problems.
- Stays current on market, competition, and trends, including tactics, field concepts, and practices applying them to strategies when applicable. Uses a wide variety of technologies and tools.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
- AWS ECS, RDS, EC2, Lambda, CloudFront, S3, Amplify Management
- Terraform script development with AWS Provider
- Network and Internet infrastructure and DNS management
- Windows Server and Linux (preferably Ubuntu) environments
- Containerization (preferably Docker)
- GitHub Administration
- GitHub Actions workflow development
- App monitoring tool experience (preferably Datadog)
- Virtual server environment experience (preferably Proxmox)
Ideal candidates have general knowledge of:
- Windows and macOS environments
- GCP, Azure Cloud, Azure Pipeline
- IIS and Apache configuration
- WordPress, Craft CMS and Laravel development
- PostgreSQL and MySQL database management
- Okta authentication/authorization development and management
- Virus and network security software
- Ability to troubleshoot and replace failed hardware
- PHP, Python or .NET programming
- Heroku management
- WP Engine management
- Pantheon management
- VPN management
- Hosting management
Why Build Labs?
Build Labs is a technology company based in the warehouse district of downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota. Our solutions focus on IoT, Data Dashboards, and DevOps at an enterprise level. Our team focuses on growth and development while maintaining a positive work/life balance. This is a hybrid position (ability to commute one or two days a week), but we will consider a remote hire for the ideal candidate.
Build Labs Benefits
- Entrepreneurial culture with a chance to grow and develop
- Great benefits, including a 401K and heavily company-subsidized health and dental care
- Reasonable hours to preserve a positive work/life balance
- Office location has a gym, is close to public transit, and is near great restaurants
- Engaging, supportive culture – we have a good time!
Build Labs provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.