- Job Title – DevOps Engineer
- Reports Into – Lead DevOps Engineer
- Location – Remote
A Little Bit about Kwalee….
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game developers and publishers, with well over 900 million downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D, Airport Security and Makeover Studio 3D. We also have a growing PC and Console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS!, Eternal Hope, Die by the Blade and Scathe.
What’s In It For You?
- Profit sharing scheme – we win, you win
- Quarterly Team Building days
- Pitch and make your own games on Creative Wednesdays!
- Flexible working hours – we trust you to choose how and when you work best
- All the equipment that you need to be properly set up
Are You Up To The Challenge?
As a DevOps Engineer you have a passion for automation, security and building reliable expandable systems. You develop scripts and tools to automate deployment tasks and monitor critical aspects of the operation, resolve engineering problems and incidents. Collaborate with architects and developers to help create platforms for the future.
Your Team Mates
The DevOps team works closely with game developers, front-end and back-end server developers making, updating and monitoring application stacks in the cloud. Each team member has specific responsibilities with their own projects to manage and bring their own ideas to how the projects should work. Everyone strives for the most efficient, secure and automated delivery of application code and supporting infrastructure.
What Does The Job Actually Involve?
- Find ways to automate tasks and monitoring systems to continuously improve our systems.
- Develop scripts and tools to make our infrastructure resilient and efficient.
- Understand our applications and services and keep them running smoothly.
Your Hard Skills
- Minimum 2 years of experience on a dev ops engineering role
- Deep experience with Linux and Unix systems
- Networking basics knowledge (named, nginx, etc)
- Some coding experience (Python, Ruby, Perl, etc.)
- Experience with common automation tools (Ex. Chef, Terraform, etc)
- AWS experience is a plus
- A creative mindset motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best
Your Soft Skills
Kwalee has grown fast in recent years but we’re very much a family of colleagues. We welcome people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances, and all we ask is that you collaborate, work hard, ask questions and have fun with your team and colleagues.
We don’t like egos or arrogance and we love playing games and celebrating success together. If that sounds like you, then please apply.
A Little More About Kwalee
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts.
Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle.
We have an amazing team of experts collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Lisbon, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, Cyprus, the Philippines and many more places around the world. We’ve recently acquired our first external studio, TicTales, which is based in France.
We have a truly global team making games for a global audience, and it’s paying off: – Kwalee has been voted the Best Large Studio and Best Leadership Team at the TIGA Awards (Independent Game Developers’ Association) and our games have been downloaded in every country on earth – including Antarctica!