- Job Title – DevOps Engineer
- Reports Into – Senior Data Science Core Developer
- Location – Hybrid/ Leamington Spa
A Little Bit about Kwalee….
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game developers and publishers, with well over 900 million downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D, Airport Security and Makeover Studio 3D. We also have a growing PC and Console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS!, Eternal Hope, Die by the Blade and Scathe.
What’s In It For You?
- Hybrid working – 3 days in the office, 2 days remote/ WFH is the norm
- Flexible working hours – we trust you to choose how and when you work best
- A dog friendly office (There’s dog-free areas too, if pooches aren’t your thing)
- Profit sharing scheme – we win, you win
- Private medical cover – delivered through BUPA
- Life Assurance – for long term peace of mind
- On site gym – take care of yourself
- Relocation support – available
- VISA Sponsorship – available
- Quarterly Team Building days – we’ve done Paintballing, Go Karting & even Robot Wars
- Pitch and make your own games on Creative Wednesdays!
- An amazingly well equipped office with ping pong, darts, pool tables and video games while keeping refreshed with free snacks and a stocked kitchen (we have every kind of milk imaginable)
Are You Up To The Challenge?
As a DevOps Engineer you have a passion for automation, security and building reliable expandable systems. You develop scripts and tools to automate deployment tasks and monitor critical aspects of the operation, resolve engineering problems and incidents. Collaborate with architects and developers to help create platforms for the future.
Your Team Mates
The Data Science team is central in developing the technology behind the growth and monetisation of our games. We are a cross functional team that consists of analysts, engineers and data scientists, and work closely with the larger engineering team to deliver products spanning our modern, cloud first, tech stack. As a DevOps Engineer in this team you will be supporting the analysts and scientists as their dedicated DevOps expert.
What Does The Job Actually Involve?
As a DevOps Engineer in the Data Science team, you will work closely with the development team to enhance the development, deployment and ongoing operation of projects involving vast amounts of data with a direct impact on Kwalee’s products. Responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with the development to implement continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines.
- Designing, implementing, and maintaining infrastructure as code, for example using Docker, Kubernetes, and Terraform.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting system issues, ensuring high availability and performance of business-critical services.
Your Hard Skills
- Minimum 2 years of experience on a DevOps engineering role
- Experience devising and implementing CI/CD pipelines to take software from repo to deployment.
- Familiarity with containerisation tools such as Docker, Kubernetes and Terraform.
- Experience with cloud platforms (e.g AWS or Google Cloud) is a plus
- Strong problem solving, communication and teamwork skills
Your Soft Skills
Kwalee has grown fast in recent years but we’re very much a family of colleagues. We welcome people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances, and all we ask is that you collaborate, work hard, ask questions and have fun with your team and colleagues.
We don’t like egos or arrogance and we love playing games and celebrating success together. If that sounds like you, then please apply.
A Little More About Kwalee
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts.
Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle.
We have an amazing team of experts collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Lisbon, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, Cyprus, the Philippines and many more places around the world. We’ve recently acquired our first external studio, TicTales, which is based in France.
We have a truly global team making games for a global audience, and it’s paying off: – Kwalee has been voted the Best Large Studio and Best Leadership Team at the TIGA Awards (Independent Game Developers’ Association) and our games have been downloaded in every country on earth – including Antarctica!