- Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, UK
- Citizenship Required: United Kingdom Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Highest Level of Government Clearance
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Your Opportunity to Define Possible. Our Opportunity to Deliver the Nation’s Security. Together.
Salary: £46,000 – £66,000
Role Clearance Type: You must be able to gain and maintain the highest level of UK Government clearance.
Location: Cheltenham House, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom.
About Your Opportunity:
DevOps Linux Engineers are critical to the success of our market leading and agile delivery teams across Northrop Grumman.
Collaborating with Architects, Software Developers and Testers, we align complex systems to exacting standards and deliver mission value that transforms client systems, whilst delivering improvement in reliability, cost and organisational agility.
- Flexible working schedules – we offer flexible and hybrid working arrangements. Talk to us at the application stage about any scheduling preferences you may have.
- Flexible Benefits Package – choose which NGUKL benefits you want to satisfy your personal needs. Core Benefits provided for you are Healthcare, Dental, Life Assurance and Pension. Benefits you can flex include Critical Illness Cover, Health Cash Plan, and Health Assessments.
- Employee Incentive Programme – exceptional performance is recognised through our annual incentive programme which is awarded to top performers who excel
- Career Development – opportunity for ongoing professional development and career growth opportunities
- Work with stakeholders to design, build and maintain mission critical systems
- Provide support to mission critical systems from 1st line to in-depth problem determination and resolution
- Automating system deployment, operation and maintenance using Infrastructure as Code and Configuration Management tooling
- Lead and drive decisions to implement best fit tools to solve complex project problems effectively.
- Create and maintain CI/CD pipelines to ensure stability and quality at all stages of the SDLC (software development life cycle).
- Continuously expand your own skills, maintaining and enhancing relevant certifications
- Migration activities with a focus on positioning projects to become cloud ready and implement micro services architecture.
- Experience of creating/maintaining DevOps CI/CD pipelines in Jenkins
- Experience of programming and scripting languages: Java, Bash, UnixShell or Python;
- Experience of administration of Linux and Unix Systems within large corporate environments;
- Experience of administering Virtualised or Containerised systems in Docker/Kubernetes/OpenShift;
- Strong collaboration and excellent communication skills verbal and written using collaborating tooling e.g. Atlassian Suite (Confluence, Jira, Bitbucket)
- Strong agile background, keen to learn and succeed across multiple teams and adapt where required.
- Experience with the following would be advantageous: Kafka, Nifi, Solaris