Location: Harlem, NY
CASES is a New York City agency working at the forefront of the intersection between behavioral health and involvement in the criminal justice system. Our mission is to increase public safety through innovative services that reduce crime and incarceration, improve behavioral health, promote recovery and rehabilitation, and create opportunities for success in the community. The Behavioral Health division consists of a continuum of services for justice-involved individuals with serious mental illness, including outpatient clinic, health home care management (HHCM), assertive community treatment (ACT), and intensive mobile treatment (IMT).
• Lead the development of defined elements of our clinic care model for new/existing initiatives, collaborating with stakeholders from multiple departments to design and launch key features of CASES’s approach to client satisfaction, risk identification, engagement, and care delivery.
• Lead large-scale, cross-functional initiatives to transform our client service delivery model
• Understand clinic’s business and data, and work collaboratively with the Evaluations and Analytics team to use data driven insights and have a fact-base for clinic operations
• Develop and implement programmatic strategic plans that assist in meeting clinic outcomes
• Collaborate with key staff to inform design of new initiatives and execute in a project management style which does not exclude community-based provider engagement framework (provider relationship strategies, hospital/facility engagement, ED collaboration, and referral workflows/systems integrations).
• Work with various disciplines to map business / clinical processes to configuration including development of system models, workflows, documentation of business and clinical processes, and other operational clinical functions (new and existing business)
• Oversee contract and agreements with key partners and funders in close coordination with clinic senior leadership, fiscal, legal, communications and development and other key stakeholders
• Monitor progress against key success metrics for performance contracts and escalate concerns to ensure the right actions are taken to course correct
• Responsible for the necessary key deliverable documents/programmatic narratives, including but not limited to project plans, issues and action logs, status reporting, and risk mitigation
• Monitor and analyze program, community, and financial trends
• A graduate degree with specialization in an appropriate field and one year of full-time experience in a supervisory or program evaluation capacity
• Ability to identify relationships and trends in data as well as factors that could affect results
• Demonstrated extensive and diverse knowledge of health care data, metrics, systems and standards
• Demonstrated proficiency in managing complex, matrixed operations
• Demonstrated track record in leading and delegating a team with accountability and successful achievement of superior patient care, operations, and financial results
Travel or Special Conditions/Requirements:
Salary Range: $75k – 80k