ABOUT ADVANCED ENERGY
Advanced Energy (Nasdaq: AEIS) is a global leader in the design and manufacturing of highly engineered, precision power conversion, measurement and control solutions for mission-critical applications and processes. AE’s power solutions enable customer innovation in complex applications for a wide range of industries including semiconductor equipment, industrial, manufacturing, telecommunications, data center computing and healthcare. With engineering know-how and responsive service and support around the globe, the company builds collaborative partnerships to meet technology advances, propel growth for its customers and innovate the future of power. Advanced Energy has devoted four decades to perfecting power for its global customers and is headquartered in Denver, Colorado.
The Electrical Engineer I in the RF Delivery Systems (RFDS) is empowered to contribute to the full design of the electronics in our RF generators. They have ownership in the design process including, design input documents, design of circuit schematics and PCB layouts, component selection and generation of BOMs, ordering parts, assembling, and testing prototypes, firmware development, firmware testing, bench testing, writing design and test specs, supporting design verification testing prior to production, communicating with, and supporting mass production. The position will work closely within muti-discipline project team as well as with colleagues from other departments to define expectations of product functionality and ensure that the delivered product meets all aspects of the customer’s requested specifications.
- Have ownership of technical assignments including all design and documentation requirements
- Work in a team environment with other disciplines including RF, Electrical, Mechanical and Software engineers
- Have a can-do attitude, be willing to learn new technical skills
- Be comfortable in hands-on situations (e.g., PBCA rework, measurement equipment) and be able to approach problems from a theoretical perspective (e.g., simulation and calculations)
- Have strong time-management skills and a customer focused mindset
- Be able to clearly communicate both verbally and in writing with team, leadership, and customers
- Work well in a team environment; both able to learn from other engineers and engineering technicians
- Ability to support the testing and debug using common lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, DMMs, function generators, JTAG or similar tools, etc.
- Show a history of being a creative problem solver
- Experience in one or more of the following (can be based on a school or personal project)
- Power electronics design and power device selection: Si MOSFETs, SiC MOSFETS, GaN, LDMOS
- RF design expertise including Driver/Exciter, Combiner/Splitter, Measurement (V/I Sensor, Coupler), RF layout, filter design, and impedance Matching
- DC/DC power supply design – Buck, Boost, Half-Bridge, Full-Bridge, Fly-Back, PFC
- Circuit design and simulation with experience with finite element analysis
- Control loop design and theory
- Basic programming or scripting skills such as assembly, C, Python, etc. for microcontrollers and/or processors and/or basic skills in Verilog or VHDL would be a plus
- Schematic capture and PCBA layout (experience with Altium® Designer a plus)
- Thermal management, heat sink and cooling design
- Experience with UL /CSA compliance
- 0-5 years’ experience in related industries preferably working with power electronics
- Other relevant industry experience will be considered
A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (or similar) technical degree
Work in a lab and/or clean room as well as standard office environment; some domestic and international travel may be necessary
As required by multiple state pay transparency laws, Advanced Energy provides a reasonable range of compensation for each job posting. Actual compensation is influenced by an array of factors including, but not limited to, skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. The range of starting pay for this role is $70,000 to $80,000 per year.
As part of our total rewards philosophy, we believe in offering and maintaining competitive compensation and benefits programs for our employees to attract and retain a talented, highly engaged workforce. Our compensation programs are focused on equitable, fair pay practices including market-based base pay, an annual pay-for-performance incentive plan, and discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
In addition to our competitive compensation practices, we offer a strong benefits package in each of the countries in which we operate. In the U.S., we offer a rich benefits package that includes:
- Medical – 4 different health care plan options, dental, and vision
- Short and long-term disability and life insurance
- Health savings and flexible spending accounts
- Generous paid time off starting at 4 weeks, 7 holidays and 3 floating holidays
- 8 hours of paid volunteer time off
- 8 weeks of paid parental leave for both Moms and Dads
- Company matched 401(k)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Expanded mental health coverage and employee assistance programs
- Other voluntary benefits include pet insurance, identify theft, legal assistance, critical illness, and voluntary accident insurance
Advanced Energy is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.