Location: Charlotte, NC. In this role, you will:
- Build your technical and strategic skills as you work alongside crew from across the business
- Design front-end and back-end solutions for test-driven development
- Champion innovative ways, from concept to execution, that will help give crew and our clients the best chance for success
- Share your ideas and make your voice heard in an open collaborative team environment
- Use your agility and curious mind to respond to new challenges in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Follow agile methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban or adopt Lean principles
- Build Angular web applications and Restful micro-services using Java hosted on the AWS cloud
- Work on continuous delivery pipeline using Bamboo and run automated tests using Junit, Protractor, Jasmine and Selenium
Working in Technology instills you with a constant desire to learn new abilities and adapt to emerging trends. Vanguard gives you the freedom to explore new career possibilities, helping develop the skills and confidence needed to let a career in technology flourish. Utilize your creative approach to finding solutions in an open and inclusive environment where we value your unique perspective and natural curiosity.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience
- 0 – 3 years of relevant experience
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good analysis and problem solving skills
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard’s core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.