Location: Lanham, MD
Vesta, Inc is a not for profit, financially sound, mental health company which has locations throughout the Maryland area. Vesta provides comprehensive behavioral healthcare through a person centered approach in the outpatient clinic, day program, and residential homes for those suffering from mental health disorders as well as transitional housing for homeless veterans.
Currently we are seeking a Family Nurse Practitioner to work in our Health Home Program. This program guides and oversees the development of somatic care health plans for clients in our PRP and Residential Program. This is a management position requiring general and specific knowledge of physical health, mental health, substance abuse and developmental disabilities. This position is responsible for monitoring, assessing and directing patient care to promote optimum outcomes. The position requires knowledge of the biopyschosocial and interdisciplinary model of Vesta, Inc.’s service delivery. The Nurse Practitioner will have the capability to exercise sound judgment independently of the Health Home Director, whom the position reports to.
This position would require some travel within the Maryland area (Forestville, Waldorf, Lanham, and Odenton). This is a Full-Time, 40 hours a week, 8:30am-5pm – rotating among the locations listed.
- Current Maryland license as a Nurse Practitioner with relevant work experience and are legally able to prescribe.
- Expert knowledge in the philosophy, principles, design and methodology of human service delivery.
- Specific knowledge of skills and practices of high quality mental, addictions, and physical health programs targeting Evidence based practices to include: Illness management and Recovery, Integrated Dual Disorders Treatment. Treatment modalities include: motivational interviewing, cognitive behavioral approaches and trauma informed care.
- Expert knowledge of the rules, regulations and applicable state and federal laws governing behavioral and somatic health care.
- Work requires a clinical background with at least five years as a provider of direct services.
- Maintain malpractice insurance.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability and willingness to facilitate a productive relationship with the clients and other providers.
- Conversant with electronic health records and data analytics.
- Requires an understanding of the range of services available under a system of care for individuals with medical, addictions, and psychiatric disorders.
- Requires knowledge regarding the delivery system of medical health services including the functions of managed care companies, referral systems, and affiliated service agencies.
Salary is commensurate with license type and experience, and ranges from $52 to $60 an hour. Candidates who are interested in obtaining their advanced degree in Psychiatric Nursing may be eligible for up to $20k in tuition reimbursement!