Location: Hybrid (Somerville, MA; Durham, NC; St. Petersburg, FL; London, UK)
Financial Software Associate Galatea is looking for a Financial Software Associate to join our growing team! We are at the center of the digital revolution in finance and are looking for engineers who want to be part of helping to build and improve key systems used by our Capital Market clients. As a Financial Software Associate you will participate in the definition, architecture, and building of strategic systems that facilitate access to trillions of dollars worth of liquidity and capital around the world. In this role you will have the opportunity to do hands-on programming in addition to interfacing client relations. Access to liquidity and capital makes an incredible difference in people’s lives every day by allowing them to make contactless payments, get microcredit loans, buy houses, start small businesses, and more. As a Galatean, you will be a big part of that by providing a direct impact on streamlining these processes and making them more accessible to everyone!
Headquartered in Somerville, MA and with branch offices in Tampa Bay, Durham, and London, Galatea Associates is a highly-focused software consulting firm that specializes in providing bespoke technical solutions to capital markets firms. At Galatea, our Associates know both the business and the IT infrastructure of our clients’ operations and we are uniquely positioned to help bridge the communication gap between the internal business and technical teams for our clients. Our clients call on us to collaborate with them throughout the entirety of project life cycles and we assist them in overcoming whatever challenges they encounter.
Our strengths have always been in our people and our core focus is on providing a collaborative environment with highly engaged employees while maintaining impactful delivery to our clients. We strive to provide transparency into our internal operations and include ideas and feedback from Galateans as company decisions are made. Our ambitions are high and our people help us to attain our goals year after year!
Additional Item to Note:
Due to the strong collaborative nature of our culture, this role will be a hybrid model requiring three ‘core’ (Tues/Wed/Thurs) in office days and two ‘flex’ (Mon/Fri) optional work from home days.
Within the first few months of your first client engagement, you will:
- Learn about Galatea’s collaborative culture and values and become an active participant in discussions.
- Be immersed in Galatea’s client-focused delivery approach and the ongoing value-add we provide to our clients everyday.
- Take ownership of design, implementation, and testing of specific technical tasks.
- Build an understanding of the finance topics relevant to your project.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Onboard to your first client and start familiarizing yourself with the systems, design and architecture of the project.
- Begin to establish relationships with client contacts.
- Start designing technical solutions to larger tasks/problems.
- Participate in one or two Galatea responsibilities outside of client work (e.g. talent development, recruiting, employee events, employee resources groups).
Within 12 months, you will:
- Be comfortable with the entire architecture of the project.
- Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in one or more areas of the project.
- Be able to work independently on larger tasks from requirements gathering through design and implementation.
- Form relationships with a couple client contacts and observe interactions of their leads with other client contacts to understand how to approach various situations.
- Accountable and Curious – You take responsibility and bring intellectual curiosity to all endeavors.
- Relationship Builder – You form relationships based on mutual respect, diversity of thought, and direct and open communication.
- Results Driven – You participate in and push for inclusive, team-based, client-focused delivery.
- Embrace uncertainty – You bring clarity and definition to uncertainty.
- Leader – You enjoy providing leadership and communicating project goals and timelines with stakeholders and your team.
- Problem Solver – You are a problem solver first and a software engineer second. You thrive in finding solutions when challenged with the organizational silos of our large clients.
- Client Manager – You delight your clients and form productive long-standing relationships.
- Business Focused – You don’t just think of yourself as an engineer who is told what to build. You are focused on solving the client’s underlying business problem.
- Technology Agnostic – You are a technical polyglot who embraces the diverse set of technologies used by our clients.
- A positive and collaborative team-based environment.
- Ability to work with different clients, technologies, and projects while maintaining the stability of knowing and trusting your employer.
- Interesting Wall Street work within a fun and casual environment.
- Weekly employer-sponsored catered training lunches and frequent happy hours.
- Snacks, snacks and more snacks! We keep our office fully stocked.