Front end development has changed considerably over the last 5 years, with the introduction of JS frameworks it has meant that many parts of a modern Web Application have moved to the client browser. The growth of mobile device usage has also meant that performant, responsive design is a given these days and so a ‘mobile-first’ mindset is imperative.
Your role of front end developer will vary from the creation of simple static HTML pages/email right through to the architecture of complex Single Page Applications (SPAs).
- Working with React
- Working within the next.js framework to build frontend applications
- Creating semantic HTML Markup
- Efficient SASS styling/theming to bring designs to life
- Creation and evolution of delightful UI/UX experiences
- Integrating JS libs such as Google Maps, Algolia Search, Charts JS and more…
- Breaking UI down into suitably sized and reusable components
- Networking with public and private REST APIs
- Working with popular web sharing services and meta tags, Twitter/Facebook etc.
- Creation of SEO/Microdata markup
- Implementing tracking/analysing user behaviour
- Creation and maintenance of build systems to help administer the above (Gulp/Grunt/Webpack)
- General page perf and weight optimisation, size/load/requests etc.
- Estimating and project planning around all of the above
- Experience working with React and have built several applications
- Experience creating responsive, heavily designed web sites and applications from the ground up
- Experience in producing delightful, fast and smooth animations and little UX touches
- Able to demonstrate a working knowledge of the git version control system from time within at least a mid sized team (branching/pull requests etc)
- Experience working collaboratively with Strategists and Designers to hone your output to a high standard
- You will have previously learnt to balance client expectations against technical requirements