About This Role
We are looking to hire a new Helpdesk Technician who will work directly with our Bounteous team members and outside vendors to maintain the lifecycle of our fleet of Apple and Windows laptops, and their software. This individual will play a pivotal role by installing, deploying, configuring, testing, and maintaining system hardware and software related to internal resources utilized across Bounteous platforms. The role will ensure the stability and integrity of information in compliance with organization policies and standards. The ideal candidate will be strong technically and current in new laptop hardware – with the ability to test software upgrades/patches to hardware and provide feedback/reports to the team before org-wide rollouts.
Qualified candidates will be willing to manage vendor relationships for procuring laptops, their accessory hardware, and any installed software. Some experience is required to diagnose and resolve package or application problems. The respective team member will assist the helpdesk with SaaS or internal applications to keep Bounteous’ teams operating efficiently.
Role and Responsibilities
- Support, monitor, test, and troubleshoot hardware and software problems related to the Bounteous Apple & Windows laptop fleet
- Maintain a “New Hire Onboarding” PowerPoint and meet with all new Bounteous employees during their first week at Bounteous to discuss IT Policy. Must be personable and comfortable speaking in meetings and using a webcam. This is designed to get new Bounteous employees acclimated to where products and services are located and answer any first-week IT questions/concerns.
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of laptops, operating systems, or appropriate software
- Manage full Device lifecycle including purchasing, deployment and decommissioning, recycling/selling of discarded devices
- Assisting in level 1 or purchasing tickets opened by team members
- Assisting in any technical-related items in our Chicago office.
- BA/BS in Computer Science and or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of hands-on Office 365 user administration
- Limited hands-on Active Directory administration: file and share permissions, user administration: password & MFA resets
- Should have experience with improving systems performance by recommending, and implementing hardware updates including firmware changes and break/fix
- Hardware Development, Analysis, and Testing
- Develop test specifications and create support documentation as appropriate for all hardware resources in line with Bounteous processes.
- Support remote users via VPN technologies
- Require minimal supervision and provide oversight for assigned projects
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Effectively manage all Assets via an asset management tool
- Must be able to travel nationally if required and to/from Offices as required
- Experience managing and maintaining infrastructure devices, including switches, routers, and firewalls
- Apple Mac support experience
- Jamf deployment experience
- Kandji deployment experience
- SolarWinds Service Manager experience
- Experience deploying packages in Microsoft Endpoint management (Intune)
We invite you to subscribe to our monthly and quarterly newsletters to stay up to date with the latest job openings as well as resources and tips for job seekers here.
Research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria of a job posting. If you have passion and intelligence, and possess a technical knack (even if you’re missing some of the above), we encourage you to apply.
Bounteous is focused on promoting an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the different viewpoints and experiences our diverse group of team members bring to Bounteous. Bounteous does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
In addition, you have the opportunity to participate in several Team Member Networks, sometimes referred to as employee resource groups (ERGs), that host space with individuals with shared identities, interests, and passions. Our Team Member Networks celebrate communities of color, life as a working parent or caregiver, the LGBTQIA+ community, wellbeing, and more. Regardless of your respective identity, there are various avenues we involve team members in the Bounteous community.
Bounteous is willing to sponsor eligible candidates for employment visas.