Location: Austin, TX (must be able to travel to Austin once per month)
Important Note: Both a resume and a cover letter are *required* for these positions. Please submit both as one PDF (remember to share the file – if we can’t open, we can’t send it) with your cover letter first, followed by your resume.
- Performs risk assessments and reviews of account permissions, computer data access needs, security violations, application systems, and data center physical security compliance. (15%)
- Supports the implementation of computer system security plans with agency personnel and outside vendors. (5%)
- Develops plans to safeguard computer configuration and data files against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure and to meet emergency data processing needs. 5%)
- Modifies and monitors computer configuration and data files to incorporate new software and virus protection systems, correct errors, or change individual access status. (5%)
- Monitors systems and procedures to protect data systems and databases from unauthorized access. (10%)
- Researches systems and procedures for the prevention, detection, containment, and correction of data security breaches. (5%)
- Trains users and promotes security awareness to ensure system security and to improve application, server, and network efficiency. (5%)
- Assists in designing and deploying security applications and infrastructure program activities. (5%)
- Assists in designing and maintaining security related reports ensuring continuous monitoring of deployed security controls. (25%)
- Assists in advising management and users regarding security configurations and procedures. (5%)
- Assists with the development of information technology disaster recovery and business continuity planning. (5%)
- May assist in encrypting data transmissions and defining firewall configuration to protect confidential information in transit. (5%)
- Reports any presence or perception of racial, ethnic, and/or gender disparities. Performs a variety of related duties not listed, to be determined and assigned as needed.
- Performs all duties in compliance with agency safety policies and procedures:
- Reports safety hazards and corrects hazards when possible.
Completes required documentation in the event of an accident/injury within requested time frames.
Attends work on a regular and predictable schedule in accordance with agency attendance and leave policies.
- Information Security certifications: Comp TIA Security Plus, Certified Ethical Hacker, GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC) or Computer Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) preferred.
- Familiarity with application design, directory services, databases, and operating systems.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with security monitoring hardware and software.
- Experience in business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Experience with Security Event Information Management (SEIM) software.
- Experience working for a governmental entity.
- Experience in report design/generation.