Location: Cape Town, South Africa
We’re looking for an Intermediate Business Systems Analyst to envision, plan, design and coordinate the implementation of systems and processes that provide strategically aligned business value.
- Assess business needs utilizing a structured requirements process (elicitation, gathering, analyzing, documenting, and managing changes) to assist in identifying business priorities and advises on options.
- Compile, define, and communicate business requirements and functional specifications for the implementation of business solutions.
- Analyze business processes and procedures to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities for improvements.
- Compile user test cases and system integration testing and validates test results during testing.
- Monitor testing processes to ensure that business requirements are adequately met with minimal disruption to operations.
- Ensure test strategies involve appropriate integration and process components.
- Ensure integrity of systems from an architectural and maintenance perspective are maintained in satisfying client requirements
- Foster and maintain superb communication between team members and business units.
- May meet regularly with BSA team to gather work statuses.
- Provides advice, guidance, encouragement and constructive feedback to BSA’s.
- Ensures work, information, ideas, and technology flow freely across teams.
- Maintain business unit backlog management processes.
- Monitor and ensure the stability of all systems for which you are responsible and/or that your business units rely on.
- Manage business stakeholder/client expectations.
- At least 5 years+ ICT job-related experience of which 2+ years should be as a Business and/or Systems Analyst.
- Superb communication skills required.
- Ability to rapidly grasp concepts and think creatively about solutions.
- A sound understanding of a wide variety of technologies.
- Ability to deal with high levels of ambiguity.
- Experience leveraging Software as a Service to achieve business value delivery.
- Proficient in SQL, MySQL.
- Experience in Process Mapping and Improvement (UML, BPMN 2.0).
- Demonstrated experience with working within project teams in order to delivery medium to large IT related projects.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, including aptitude towards problem identification, resolution, comprehension and interpretation of technical procedures.