The role of the IT Technician is to have applicable knowledge of computers and electronics, i.e., knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, computer hardware and software, including applications and programming in order to troubleshoot and repair the SB parking equipment so that it is continuously operating
- Perform a variety of technical tasks in the installation, diagnosis, repair, and maintenance of computers, network job entry stations and related equipment within the computer network by doing the following:
- Manages SB client server for all PC workstations.
- Manages LPR Peer-to-Peer system
- Provide information and/or technical assistance to users concerning the development and maintenance of the computer network or for resolution of special problems.
- Respond to calls regarding the network; diagnose and correct equipment failure and malfunctions; repair or replace malfunctioning equipment including electronic switching units and circuit boards by doing the following:
- Repair and fix MKV devices including reader, feeder, and ticket printer. Also cleans and maintains on regular basis.
- Maintain and set-up cameras (20) in entry and exit lanes that consists of 8 entry lanes, 6 express exit lanes, 6 cashier booths, 2 test lanes, 1 encoder, and 2 by-pass hourly/daily lanes.
- Maintain accurate and current records on repair, installation, and removal of equipment; provide appropriate logging and tracking of hardware malfunctions.
- Assist in the development of long-range planning for new projects and computer hardware needs.
- Provide technical guidance and direction to parking department employees.
- Maintains users PC in parking department, i.e. How To query SB reports and How To use Microsoft office products Word, Excel, and Access.
- Maintains PCI compliance regarding the credit card server.
- Provides feedback and suggestions to the IT Administrator and other department heads as warranted
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years experience and required certifications or degree in computer science and the required certifications.
- Required certifications: Certified Novell engineer (CNE), Certified A+ and CompTIA Network
- Certified Database Administrator and Certified Microsoft office User
Familiar with the S/B system or other revenue control systems for parking operations.
- Must obtain and maintain a valid state of Alabama driver’s license.
- May be required to work overtime, or alternate hours, holidays, and weekends as necessary for the efficient operation of the department.