Geotab ® is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work™.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Geotab Marketplace ®, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Ours is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Geotabbers accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities – ones that may not always be described in the initial job description. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram. Join our talent network to learn more about job opportunities and company news.
Who you are:
We are always looking for amazing talent who can contribute to our growth and deliver results! Geotab is seeking a Desktop Support Intern who will provide technical assistance within Geotab’s computer systems for staff onsite and remote, working with level 3 teams for specific technical activities and ensuring IT standards are followed in Geotab’s offices. If you love technology, and are keen to join an industry leader — we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
As a Desktop Support Intern your key area of responsibility will be resolving tickets through the Service Desk ticketing system while maintaining Geotab’s SLOs, while installing, moving, adding and changing systems related to workstations and cellphones. You will also be looking after software installation in Windows, ChromeOS, Ubuntu and Mac workstations, assisting with onboarding and offboarding of employees, which includes arranging and/or preparing equipment for shipping/receiving, communicating electronically (and in-person) with desktop users experiencing technical difficulties by troubleshooting and documenting problems, and maintaining office spaces within Geotab’s IT standards (monitors, peripherals, meeting rooms). More duties include tracking IT asset inventory, assisting in technical upgrading and maintaining of entire computer systems, maintaining meeting rooms and A/V equipment (large screens, projectors, televisions, etc.), and looking after user account administration (Google workspace). You will need to work closely with All of Geotab’s departments by providing support on IT systems.
To be successful in this role you will be a strong team-player with the ability to engage with all levels of the organization, have meticulous attention to detail, work well under pressure and respond to fast changing priorities and deadlines. Having an entrepreneurial mindset and being comfortable in a flat organization are also important. The successful candidate will be highly organized with acute analytical skills. Excellent verbal and written communication and able to manage projects through completion are necessities to prosper in this position.
- 8-month work-term length beginning Jan 2024
- Location: In-person based out of Oakville ON.
- Full-time, paid internship (Monday – Friday, 37.5hrs/week).
- Your first week at Geotab begins with ‘GEO Launch’ – a one week Employee Orientation. Click here to learn more!
- Learn more about the Geotab Campus Program here.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Assisting users on incident resolution to reduce downtime during service.
- Work closely on cell phone management by creating documentation and participating in process improvements to deliver a more efficient service.
- Participating in the test and implementation of Asset Management tools for the Service Operations team.
- Participating in the test and implementation of an MDM tool for device administration and service operations.
- Assisting in security operations by patching OS and making sure Geotab’s systems comply with security standards.
What you’ll bring to this role:
- Post-Secondary Diploma/Degree or equivalent experience.
- Diploma/Degree specialization in Computer Science, IT, Engineering or a related field.
- CompTIA A+ or ITIL certification or courses highly valuated.