About Advanced Energy
Advanced Energy (Nasdaq: AEIS) is a global leader in the design and manufacturing of highly engineered, precision power conversion, measurement and control solutions for mission-critical applications and processes. AE’s power solutions enable customer innovation in complex applications for a wide range of industries including semiconductor equipment, industrial, manufacturing, telecommunications, data center computing and healthcare. With engineering know-how and responsive service and support around the globe, the company builds collaborative partnerships to meet technology advances, propel growth for its customers and innovate the future of power. Advanced Energy has devoted four decades to perfecting power for its global customers and is headquartered in Denver, Colorado.
The IT Service Desk Support Specialist is responsible for installing, configuring, supporting, and maintaining Microsoft Windows server/desktop infrastructure. Troubleshoots escalated server, software and hardware issues. The specialist recommends, schedules, and implements system hardware and/or software upgrades or repairs.
- Performs day-to-day desktop/laptop and network administration duties to include installing, configuring, and troubleshooting desktop systems, printers, and peripherals in mixed Microsoft Windows environment
- Maintain passwords, data integrity, and file system security for the desktop environment
- Provide excellent customer service to end users by communicating all stages of progress in resolution of the reported problem.
- Configure wireless devices for connectivity to corporate exchange email.
- Works on software installation, update, and configuration as directed by ticketing system and Help Desk Supervisor and Manager
- Works independently on imaging, configuration, and placement of new PCs.
- Assists in maintaining and updating support information such as the PC Support Queue, PC inventory, Assets, PC loaners, etc. as directed by Help Desk Supervisor
- Maintain phone systems
- Conduct training designed to educate computer users about basic and specialized applications throughout the organization
- Works with Help Desk Manager and Helpdesk Outsourcer to determine daily/weekly priorities and to troubleshoot advanced technical problems
- Tests new software and operating systems and makes recommendations on deployments
- Participate in projects to improve the end user computing experience
- Directs advanced technical problems to the appropriate resource when necessary
- Be responsible for after-hours support
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of PC hardware and peripherals
- Advance knowledge of Windows 10, and TCP/IP networking
- Proficiency in Active Directory, Office 365, networking concepts, anti-virus and security tools and PC hardware and software troubleshooting skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organization skills
- Ability to work independently and communicate effectively with users and coworkers
- Strong project management skills, ability to set priorities and meet deadlines with flexibility
- Problem solving – the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Ability to evaluate information and exercise good judgment in making decisions
- Minimum of 2 years providing technical support in IT support role.
- Minimum of 2 years supporting Microsoft PC environment
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a related field with extensive technical experience.
- Experience supporting remote users utilizing VPN connectivity
Associates degree in Computer Information Systems
A+ certification, MCP and Windows 10 certification
- Location: Fort Collins, CO, occasional travel to Denver, CO
- Environment: Standard office environment; spends majority of the day moving throughout local buildings and helping users with PC problems at the user’s desk
- Required to lift 40 lbs. repeatedly throughout the day
- Overtime may be required at times, including evening work, on-call weekends, and additional project hours
- Must reside within approximately one hour of office location to provide adequate daily coverage and/or emergency IT service
As required by multiple state pay transparency laws, Advanced Energy provides a reasonable range of compensation for each job posting. Actual compensation is influenced by an array of factors including, but not limited to, skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. The range of starting pay for this role is $60,000 to $75,000 per year.
As part of our total rewards philosophy, we believe in offering and maintaining competitive compensation and benefits programs for our employees to attract and retain a talented, highly engaged workforce. Our compensation programs are focused on equitable, fair pay practices including market-based base pay, an annual pay-for-performance incentive plan, and discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
In addition to our competitive compensation practices, we offer a strong benefits package in each of the countries in which we operate. In the U.S., we offer a rich benefits package that includes:
- Medical – 4 different health care plan options, dental, and vision
- Short and long-term disability and life insurance
- Health savings and flexible spending accounts
- Generous paid time off starting at 4 weeks, 7 holidays and 3 floating holidays
- 8 hours of paid volunteer time off
- 8 weeks of paid parental leave for both Moms and Dads
- Company matched 401(k)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Expanded mental health coverage and employee assistance programs
- Other voluntary benefits include pet insurance, identify theft, legal assistance, critical illness, and voluntary accident insurance
Advanced Energy is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.