Location: Stamford, CT (Remote but would prefer someone local to attend in-person meetings.)
While this role does ask for 1-3 years they are open to candidates with bootcamp experience
Gartner is looking for well-rounded and skilled software engineer to join the Gartner X Team. You will be part of highly motivated agile team driven by innovation and collaboration. As part of Gartner X and Product Technology team, you will work on the high-performance web development environments using cutting edge web technologies. You will work in a multi-cloud environment and use containerized pipelines for applications.
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we’re proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we’re recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We’ve been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
- Assumes ownership and takes responsibility for successful delivery.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced Agile/SCRUM environment.
- Focus on Software quality and follow good software engineering practices
- Provide scalable and secure software solutions
- Actively participates and constantly explores opportunities for improvements.
- Translates designs and style guides provided by the Design team into functional user interfaces, ensuring cross browser compatibility and performance.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science or related engineering field or equivalent experience in software development
- 1-3 years of experience developing customer facing web applications.
- 1-3 years of experience in React & NodeJS
- Any expereince with Pair Programming is a plus
- Experience in AWS Serverless Technologies, Lambda functions, DynamoDB. Motivated, high-potential performer with demonstrated ability to influence and lead
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experienced with responsive design and multi-platform web development
- Solid understanding of security and best practices
- Any experience in Java Spring or similar J2EE frameworks is a plus.
- Any experience with DynamoDB or Redis are a plus
- Motivated, high-potential performer, with demonstrated ability to influence and lead.
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change.
- Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement.
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges.