Location: Sedley Place (Support Office)
Boots Online Doctor is an online healthcare platform that connects patients with qualified medical professionals. We are looking for a Jnr Web Developer to join our team and focus on improving the customer-facing elements of the system.
Who we are
We believe healthcare should be convenient and accessible to all, which is why we have created Boots Digital Health – the business behind the Boots Online Doctor. Providing patients with online access to advice and treatment from medical experts, the Boots Online Doctor has fast become a market leader, but we’ve got ambitious plans and we’re not slowing down anytime soon. Boots Digital Health is an exciting place to be, offering the growth culture of a start-up with the scale and support of the 170 year old Boots brand. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all. Join us and together we can change healthcare for the better through innovative technology and services to the UK and beyond. With you. We change for the better.
About the role
- We’re looking for a Jnr Web Developer who will support with delivering the designs and specifications set out for our web page from our Development team. This includes building, testing and implementation to integration standards within both test and live environments
- Writing clean, maintainable, and efficient code that adheres to coding standards and best practices.
- Collaborating with UX designers and other stakeholders to develop user-friendly and visually appealing interfaces that meet business needs and requirements
- Troubleshooting and debugging code to identify and resolve technical issues, and collaborating with cross-functional teams to resolve more complex issues
- Staying up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies in web development, and using this knowledge to improve and innovate web applications and websites
- Continuously learning and growing in the field of web development, and seeking out opportunities for professional development and growth
We offer our office-based team members a flexible, hybrid working approach based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust which includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working – this will be discussed with you as part of the application process.
What you’ll need to have
To be successful in this role you will need;
- Previous experience as a Developer
- Expertise in relevant applications development technologies, computing environments and languages
- Experience of working in an IT development team
- Good stakeholder management and communication skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
We have a great range of benefits in addition to the above that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you; click here to view our full list of company benefits (all rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility).
Here are just some of the benefits and rewards you can expect –
- Generous discount on our own brands and partner businesses
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Holiday entitlement increases with length of service
- Boots Retirement Savings Plan
We are always open to discussing possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you, including job share and reduced hours. If you require additional support as part of the application and interview process, we are happy to provide reasonable adjustments to enable you to be at your best.
For relevant roles, the following statement should also be included regarding pre-employment checks:
This role requires the successful candidate to complete a Pre-employment check after receiving an offer. Depending on your location you will asked to submit either a DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service), PVG (Protection of Vulnerable groups) or an Access NI Check.
We are a Ban the Box employer and will consider the suitability of applicants with criminal convictions on a case-by-case basis.