The LMSW is responsible for coordinating out and inpatient mental health and substance abuse services for a families with children homeless shelter
- Responsible for a case load of high risk families with children
- Responsible for facilitating mental health/ substance abuse workshops and onsite support groups for clients.
- Must have knowledge of community resources, how to make appropriate referrals to community and other governmental agencies for services, and ability to coordinate services.
- Must be able to independently assess the psychosocial functioning and needs of clients to formulate and implement a treatment plan, identifying the client’s problems, strengths, weaknesses, coping skills and assistance needed.
- Work from a strength based, client centered perspective to independently conduct psychosocial assessments and provide psychosocial treatment to a wide variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural, ethnic, educational and other diverse backgrounds.
- Must have knowledge and experience in the use of medical and mental health diagnoses, disabilities and treatment procedures.
- Must be able to provide consultation services to other staff about the psychosocial needs of clients and the impact of psychosocial problems on health care and compliance with treatment.
- Must have knowledge and skill in the use of computer software applications for drafting documents, data management, and tracking.
- Provides crisis intervention and stabilization as needed. May require some after hour’s and or weekend follow-up to emergency situations.
- Maintains; reviews and signs off on all required documentation/reports and submits all in a timely manner.
- Identifies program needs and makes recommendations.
- Performs related tasks as assigned.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
LMSW Required OR Willing to get licensed within 6 months in role. Must have a master’s degree in social work from a school of social work fully accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE). At least two years’ experience in an area of specialized social work practice. Fluency in Spanish is highly desirable.