Location: Berkeley, CA (Hybrid, 4 days/week in office)
Must be local to Bay Area, CA – no relocation offered
To support our continuing business growth, Backroads is looking for a strong communicator who can wear many hats to help our cross-functional Marketing team stay on top of print, digital and branded gear production deadlines. We are looking for an accountability maven who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment of continuous change while proactively addressing issues coming down the line.
Our ideal candidate is digitally savvy with prior experience in spreadsheets, “drag and drop” cloud-based tools (Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Google Analytics, etc.) and administrative interfaces. You should have a passion for the web and travel, be able to move seamlessly between various projects and assignments across the marketing organization, and work collaboratively as part of a team. We’re looking for your “can do” attitude and attention to detail to help us meet the multi-faceted demands of our business.
- Act as a marketing liaison for multi-departmental projects to ensure that individual contributors (within and outside of Marketing) get timely response/resolution
- Review and flag overdue tickets and tasks in the Marketing Service Desk (Jira), picking up or advancing tasks where appropriate
- Support team to proactively clear through roadblocks and/or escalate problem solving to ensure timely project completion
- Provide weekly status reports to VP Marketing for all ongoing projects
Projects & Responsibilities:
- Support Web team with site audits and content updates
- Support Content teams to:
- track status of Trip Changes, Travel Planners, Prospective Guest Itineraries and policy updates;
- Audit reports to identify missing links or errors;
- Transfer content into Drupal or CMS
- Prepare capacity reports for email and social media planning
- Audit pre- and post-trip hotel lists, transportation links, etc., in Travel Planners
- Support Press & Partnerships to gather information and internal approvals for press releases, follow up on collaborative marketing efforts and update partner logos and offers on the BR Marketplace
- Coordinate timeline for BR Gear ordering to ensure all tasks are completed.
- Support CRM team to test email content, links and tracking; update catalog inquiry and collateral materials inventory
- Monitor Marketing Service Desk tickets for timely follow up, question resolution and completion
- Maintain collection of Web photos, track photo credits and stock usage.
- Support Performance Marketing to launch new advertising partnerships and campaigns
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in a professional office environment, preferably in a marketing operations or creative project coordination capacity
- Strong detail-orientation
- Familiarity with technology and websites/digital marketing
- Software: Microsoft 365, Excel – required; Jira/Confluence, Google Analytics, Go Live, Photoshop, Image Ready, html, Acrobat – desired
- Experience with Web analytics and reporting is a plus
- Self-starter with ability to shift effortlessly between multiple projects and work cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- Enthusiastic team player