Location: Minneapolis, MN
The Merchant Success Team establishes, nourishes, and manages the large number of relationships we build with merchant partners beginning as early as reviewing a partnership application. As such, it is important that we effectively and efficiently review and respond to applicants using helpful and clear communication strategies. This role will challenge you to use consistent decisioning processes and provide you the opportunity to establish and strengthen relationships from the get-go through (at times) high volume application reviewals. Additionally, you will assist in periodic compliance and success reviews with the team, ensuring policies, terms of service, and merchant-to-shopper customer service are maintained, and mutual success is achieved on all sides.
Sezzle is a cutting-edge fintech company whose long-standing mission is to financially empower the next generation. Only one in three millennials own a credit card, and the vast majority of millennials possess a subprime credit score or no score at all. To address these problems, Sezzle has built a payment platform that increases purchasing power for consumers by offering interest-free installment plans at online stores. This increase in purchasing power for consumers leads to increased sales and basket sizes for the numerous eCommerce merchants that currently work with Sezzle.
As the first and only B-Corp in the payments space, Sezzle’s goal is to help everyone pursue financial freedom and to invest in social good and ethical initiatives that shape a better world.
At Sezzle, we’re committed to putting purpose alongside profitability. We work hard to maintain rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency to build a better world. The employees at Sezzle lean into significant societal and cultural shifts, ensuring internal and external focus on positive impacts that benefit our community.
- Vet potential business partners using established criteria and processes in a collaborative setting
- Review large numbers of existing business partners to ensure compliance
- Assist with daily and long-term data hygiene initiatives using Salesforce, Salesloft, and other CRM based tools
- Ensure data validity and consistency between multiple platforms
- Sezzle internships are up to 30 hours a week (no more). We want you to have an amazing internship experience and learn new things, but also enjoy student life!
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years of coursework completed (Junior)
- A+ character. We are team-first here at Sezzle.
- A hard-working mentality. It’s early and there is still a lot to build.
- An excellent communicator.
- A fun attitude. Life’s too short. We can have fun while we work hard on cool things.
- Smarts. We need people that are smart enough to make decisions on their own and also smart enough to know when they need input from others.
- Business, communication, or marketing background preferred
- Detail and process-oriented
- Prior CRM experience is preferred
- Technical writing experience
- Ability and desire to work in a team
- Preferred GPA of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Competitive pay
- Flexible remote work
- Sick + Safe Time Off
- Impactful and meaningful work projects
- The opportunity to join Minneapolis’s fastest-growing startup alongside a team of motivated and driven individuals in the FinTech industry
At Sezzle, we are more than just brilliant engineers, passionate data enthusiasts, out-of-the-box thinkers, and determined innovators; we are skilled musicians, yogis, cyclists, chefs, golfers, dog-lovers, and rock-climbers. We believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and the brightest individuals, but those that are unique and purpose-driven in all that they do. Our culture is not defined by a certain set of perks designed to give the illusion of the traditional startup culture, but rather, it is the visible example living in every employee that we hire.