Location: Long Beach, CA
The Long Beach Birth Center is currently seeking Midwives, LM’s and CNM’s, who are eager to assist low risk women in achieving a safe, physiologic birth in an accredited freestanding birth center.
Midwives share practice duties that include office hours as well as shared on-call schedules. They are supported by birth assistants and an excellent administrative staff.
Benefits of a Midwife position with us:
- Natural Unmedicated Deliveries
- Water Birth
- Continuity of Care
- Low Volume Birth per Month
- Working alongside CNM’s, CM’s, CPM’s
Qualifications and Skills
- Certified Midwife Licensure in CA
- Current BLS and NRP Certifications
- Proficient computer skills and EHR
- Electronic Medical/Health Record (EMR) experience essential
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Spanish proficiency preferred but not required
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Our ideal Midwife will administer prenatal care, labor and delivery care, postpartum care and newborn care that are appropriate to community birth settings .
- Provide direct care for women in labor, including management of normal delivery in the home or at the birth center when applicable.
- Offer education, health counseling, and health advocacy services to clients, families and significant other.
- Maintain all client records including charts, lab records, and weekly chart review.
- Order appropriate lab tests and referrals, interpret test results and follow-up of abnormal lab reports .
- Adhere to Health and Safety Policies and Procedures; participate in all safety programs, which may include assignment to an emergency response team
- Performs all necessary client consultations
- Focus on providing high-quality, evidence-based care for women and families.
- Have a vision for community projects, while being self-directed, comfortable with independent practice, and the ability to guide Birth Center team members toward optimal service outcomes.
- Be open to and have a basic knowledge of alternative and holistic modalities of care.
- Attend staff meetings, training and education sessions as required or directed by Long Beach Birth Center.