As a Pentester/SOC Analyst, you will play a crucial role in safeguarding our clients’ digital assets by identifying vulnerabilities in their systems and responding to security incidents. This dynamic position requires expertise in both penetration testing and security operations, making it a unique and exciting opportunity for individuals looking to expand their skills and contribute to the world of cybersecurity.
The position is Malta-based, however, you will be working remotely. So, we have flexible hours and don’t expect a 9-5 mentality. Just hit your targets and you’ll fit right in!
- Conduct penetration testing and vulnerability assessments on client systems, networks, and applications to identify and remediate security weaknesses.
- Collaborate with the security team to develop and execute penetration testing plans, providing detailed reports and recommendations.
- Analyze and respond to security incidents, monitoring network traffic and system logs for signs of compromise.
- Investigate and triage security alerts, conduct root cause analysis, and initiate incident response procedures when necessary.
- Maintain and optimize security tools, such as SIEM (Security Information and Event Management) systems, IDS/IPS, and firewall configurations.
- Assist in the development and implementation of security policies and procedures.
- Stay current with emerging threats, vulnerabilities, and industry best practices, and apply this knowledge to enhance security protocols.
- Provide guidance and support to junior SOC analysts.
- Knowledge of network and system administration, including Linux and Windows environments.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and a passion for continuous learning in the field of cybersecurity.
- Proven experience in penetration testing, ethical hacking, or related offensive security roles.
- Strong knowledge of security assessment tools and methodologies.
- Experience with security monitoring tools, SIEM systems, and incident response procedures.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Familiarity with common cybersecurity frameworks and standards (e.g., NIST, ISO 27001, CIS).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Relevant certifications, such as CEH, CISSP, CompTIA Security+, or related certifications, are a plus.